Are You Afraid of Terrorist Attacks Happening To You Like It Did In India?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

What would my fear accomplish? Would it keep it from happening if it was going to happen? Would it somehow create a barrier around me to keep me safe? Fear of an event I have no control over is wasted energy and does nothing but make me miserable. So why be afraid? I spent my fear on armageddon, I won't live that way again.

Merry Christmas!

Jackie

• blondie
    blondie

I'm more likely to die in a car accident..........

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

No.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm about as afraid of of a terrorist attack as I am about getting struck struck by lightening while living in california,, the odds are about one in a godzillion or something.

I would have to really think very hard for what I worry about less than a terrorist attack. Maybe jehovah bringing armagedon might be one.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I have survived 2.

Maybe the 3rd will be the strikeout that ends the inning. Maybe not.

No doubt that my beloved city is a large target, but I can't live in fear. Rather, I refuse to live in fear.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was a few metres away from a terrorist bomb that falied to go off in 2007. If it had gone to plan I would certainly have been killed.

It does not scare me. I am more scared about the possibility of international conflict in the coming years. The world is looking increasingly bleak at the moment, and the possibility of being so extremely unlucky to be one of the very few ever caught up in a terrorist attack should be the least of our worries.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

No. I'm more more likely to be struck by lightning than to experience a terrorist attack.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm more likely to be killed riding a bicycle than be killed by a terrorist.

I say we eliminate the bicycle threat before the even think about the terrorists.

The other day I was horrified to find parents at the store providing bicycles to their CHILDREN! [Gasp!] Why would parents intentionally put their children in harms way that has a threat of death greater than that of Osama Bin Laden???

• restrangled
    restrangled

Not to us Minimus, but to our President elect.

According to certain sources, the the threats to his life and his family have been the worst ever within our own country...

r.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I live in Orlando which is one of the world's top tourist spots. So yes, it crosses my mind from time to time that we could be a target. Still, I don't let it rule my life. I'm far more worried about how I'm going to pay off my student loans, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit