Latest JW e-mail - JW witnessed to Obama

by sir82 33 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I'm moving into the White House the day after Armageddon...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Someone needs to find that article, critique it (point out how fatuous it is) and attach that critique to the e-mail and hit *reply all*.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    There is an email and an EXACT same story about every celebrity and presidential candidate out there...insert (article, magazine, book) name, insert (celebrity, politician, world leader) name.... send out into JWla la land online and watch the fish grow.

Yes, I remember that there was a story floating around of a sister who placed a book with Bill Clinton. There was also a story of a sister in Russia (post Soviet era) who placed literature with Boris Yeltzin.

I knew a sister personally who mailed literature to Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully. And then . . . .drumroll . . . . she got back a form letter with Vin Scully's name on it saying "thank you". She was a local hero for about a week.

These stories of "Bob the brother" or "Suzy the sister" who witness to famous people do indeed get a lot of mileage . . too much mileage. How sad is it that people would get giddy over someone giving a brochure to a famous person? It reminds me of a bunch of little girls blushing and giggling when a boy they have a crush on happens to glance at them.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

It's sad that these stories generate excitement with the Witnesses. Now if Obama had then decided to become a witness and give up worldly politics, then this would have been big news.

Its like the assembly experiences of the little ones who witness to their teachers and leave literature and the like. Nothing every happens afterwards! Talk about wanting their ears tickled.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    He said he would read it, and give it to his assistant

Or give it to his assistant without reading it. Given the disdain they have for politicians, why would they believe he was doing anything other than humoring them?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Maybe Brother Mark will be given a crack at a high level government job... and turn it down being neutral and all... much better AWakzzzzzzzz story1

Hill

• musky
    musky

Maybe the brother should pull out some 28 year old info on the 1914 literal generation teaching, As long as its o.k. to quote older info from articles. Maybe Obama would be interested in that also.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

That f----g article about finacial collapse in the WT/Awake magazine is really beginning to piss me off.

Nostradamius predicted loads of crap- so what

• V
    V
    Someone needs to find that article, critique it (point out how fatuous it is)

It's all here, including the photo:

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=949

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

i got nothing with that link......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit