• sir82
    sir82

Here's the latest e-mail making the rounds:

Subject: Brother witnesses to Obama in NC

This is a picture of Mark Juntunen, a brother in our congregation talking
    to Obama when he visited Asheville NC during one of his election stomping
    tours.

Thought it was worth sending on.

Walter, you'll never believe what happened to us (me & Susan) today.

We were in Asheville, NC at this restaurant called 12 Bones. (They have
    really good ribs) Anyways, we were about done with lunch, when I look out the window and I see a couple of official looking vehicles pull up, and a
    bunch of guys get out, "Secret Service".

I knew something big was going on.

Guess what, Obama was in town, and was a little hungry.

He was going around shaking everyone's hand. I was standing around in the restaurant,wanting to get a look at him close-up.

He walked up to me and shook my hand, said a few words, and I told him about an article he might be interested in reading about the economic situation we are experiencing,
    an article that that was written 28 years ago. (1980 January 22 Awake "The End of Today's Economic Systems")

He said he would read it, and give it to his assistant.

I went to our car and got a copy of the article and
    gave it to his assistant ........

Let me tell you how I just happened to have the article with me.

Sunday night we went over to Roark's, David had some "younger friends" over. Jerry told me he wanted me to read this article in the Awake magazine. Yesterday morning, I printed a copy of it, and took it with us.

We were doing some sales calls close to Asheville. We decided to go to this restaurant for lunch......

Hopefully he will actually read it. The article is like reading today's newspaper. Its something else, you never know who you might run into! .

There's also a photo attached - within a crowd of people, an average looking middle-aged guy in a t-shirt is talking to Obama. Presumably it is the guy from the story above, but of course there's no way to tell for sure.

So there you go - Obama's next appointment will be the Awake magazine's editor as special economic advisor!

So what do you think Obama actually said when he got back to his car, glanced at the article, and saw it was decades-old religious propaganda...and poorly written propaganda at that?

"Who wrote this - Sarah Palin?"

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

LOL

Thanks for posting that. I needed a good laugh! And that's cheered me right up.

• undercover
    undercover

He may well indeed read it...

...but he'll toss it about the time he's done with it.

It's funny how JWs think they've scored some coup by getting a dignitary or celebrity to "take" a magazine or book... as if that person will actually change their thinking or even become interested in the Watchtower religion.

What they don't realize is that most people glance at it, mock it and trash it. Mr. Obama may not mock it, but I seriously doubt that a twenty year old religious propaganda piece is going to influence his economic policies.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Whenever you receive one of these emails, you could reply:

"Thanks. Did you hear that Prince is now a JW?"

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

There is an email and an EXACT same story about every celebrity and presidential candidate out there...insert (article, magazine, book) name, insert (celebrity, politician, world leader) name.... send out into JWla la land online and watch the fish grow.

Oh thank GOD Obama now has 28 year old information from a religious dooms day cult to help him solve todays economic crisis!! That JW single handedly staved off the NEXT DEPRESSION!

And...he single handedly delayed the great Tribulation and Armageddon coming too. So he should be stoned.

LOLOLOLOL!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wish they would have hit Bush about 8 years ago. And pxxxed him off. That way, Bush would have made it impossible for the witlesses to continue winning anything, and they would have been made illegal for fraud. Plus, once Bush finds out that they protect pedophiles and silence the victims, and say nothing about such to the members or the public, he would have their hides.

• badboy
    badboy

IF ONLY THEY SPEND 5 MINUTES WITH ME ON SATURDAY

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

"Who wrote this - Sarah Palin?"

Now THAT was funny!

I'll bet he never even glanced at it, he probably shakes hands and gets advice from all kinds of crazies.

• oompa
    oompa

Mark Juntunen is a good friend of mine and called all excited that day!......then he told me Obama whispered in his ear that he would never convert from Islam..............just kidding!!......................oompa

• minimus
    minimus

Well at least Obama will never ever be able to say he didn't have a chance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit