Then he asked: "What about your chair at the Kingdom
    Hall? Can you put a price tag on it? God's Word says
    'Yes!' He went on to read Acts 20:28, which gives
    counsel to overseers about 'paying attention to
    yourselves and to all the flock...' Then it mentions
    'the congregation, which was bought with the blood of
    God's son, Christ Jesus.'" He lowered his
    Bible.

Then he said forcefully: "What's the price now?
    If there was a price tag on your seat at the Kingdom Hall,
    it would say 'the blood of God's son, Christ
    Jesus'." He highlighted the fact that, anywhere
    else, a seat with a high price tag would never be empty.
    But at the Kingdom Hall, why then, with such a high price,
    are there so many seats without people in them?

He concluded by reminding us: "Your seat at the
    Kingdom Hall has been reserved especially for you. And the
    blood of Christ Jesus is responsible. And with such a high
    price tag, please don't let it be empty."

This talk got the most applause out of any talk that
    weekend.

In fact, when he applied the Scripture in Acts about the
    price of our seat at the Kingdom Hall, the audience actually
    gasped - it was one of those
    hair-standing-on-the-back-of-your-neck moments.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Creepy! Nice subliminal message about equating a dollar sign to the "honor" gag gag, of taking up a seat in the hall, sounds like they not only wanted to drive home the point of attending but parting with your hard earned bucks to attend "a soap opera meeting".

Keep your "priceless" chairs WTBS, I don't think you can put a price on freedom.

• oompa
    oompa

i so miss that stuff....not.....but that is even worse than As the World Turns...i would not clean my bilge out with that (wow just realised that bilge and bible are only seperated by one letter!).......oompa

• restrangled
    restrangled

Christ gave his life so everyone on the planet has a seat near him, not just JW's....may they get over themselves!

r.

• megaflower
    megaflower

Same ole guilt trip. They are so good at it. In fact, it makes my head spin just thinking about how they like to manipulate and pull at your heart. BULLSHIT!! Iam so freaking sick ot the WTS.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Christ died so you could sit in a re-upholstered movie theater chair and listen to a talk about the latest tract campaign?

ooooh, I just had a flashback to those metal folding chairs that you had to hold yourself in with your legs and feet because otherwise they were so slick you would slide down on your tailbone. Torture!

But not as painful as being hung on a stake with big spikes through your hands so that future office cleaners could be elders and feel important by telling married people they can't kiss each others genitals..

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

This just shows their attempt to pay for everlasting life. .. Our "chair" at Christian services is FREE because Christ paid the price for it ... Why didn't the speaker apply the illustration in a Christian fashion? (well... because they aren't Christian of course!)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

When I was little we had these wooden chairs with these little wooden slats in the seat. There was just a bit of space between the slats and they moved. If you squirmed any in the chair it would pinch you on the butt.

I guess Jesus was in a sense pinching my ass huh? alt

Sorry for all the edits LOL

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What gets to me is this, JW's think they have exclusive rights to the blood of our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus. Don't they read the Bible properly. Jesus died for all of us. No one has sole rights to him or his shed blood. The Bible tells he died for the world of mankind. that who so ever believeth in him may have everlasting life. It doesn't say anywhere JW's only.

That price tag for a seat in the KH is just one of their ploys to make you all feel quilty. Witnesses expect that unless your on your dying bed you should be at the KH in the service and not say anything about being ill. Otherwise you are left behind and they will never visit you or call you. They forget you exist Oh but wait the C.O. is visiting in two wks we better make some shepherding calls. Yep your seat at the Kingdom hall has a price tag on it.

Orangefatcat

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

Theres's just one flaw that negates the whole argument. Jesus' shed blood has nothing to do with a kingdom hall, much less a seat therein.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit