The two reasons Witnesses think they are the Truth

by BonaFide 25 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    When I read the topic heading, those were the a reasons that came to mind. Mormans only preach for 2 years and don't only the males go out?

No, there are a few female mormon missionaries here. I see them on the busses with their Barbie doll smiles bothering people sometimes.

• poppers
    poppers

"Mormans only preach for 2 years and don't only the males go out?" No, I've had female Mormon missionaries come to my house.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Don't forget the big issue Ray raised in ISoCF: The content of the message being preached.

If the content is FALSE, it makes no difference how many hours of preaching take place all over the world.

Well, what is the content of their message? That Christ returned in 1914, blah, blah, blah, lies.

Therefore, their preaching works is of ZERO value, and therefore proof of nothing.

• wobble
    wobble

Jesus' command in Mathew 28v19 was to make disciples of HIM,and to baptise in ("into" Interlinear trans.) the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit.

Dubs make disciples of the Watchtower and baptise into that organistion,they go opposite to both sections of our Lords command,so what a MONUMENTAL( and I stress the mental),waste of time!

Love

Wobble

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I respect their stand on war.

But close only counts in horseshoes and hand gernades.

And I dont think they are that close. Because there is no way to measure and nothing to measure with.

What are we measuring?

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

The last JW i spoke to at length kept repeating 'we don't go to war" over and over again, almost like a mantra. It didn't even matter what question i was asking, what i was talking about......she kept saying "we don't go to war." I'm like, ok, does not compute, does not follow, does not answer the question, does not even relate to the question or topic.

• White Dove
    White Dove

They are the only true religion if they don't go to war and they preach

They don't go to war

They preach

Therefore, they are the the only true religion

The fallacy is that there may be other religions that don't go to war and they preach, which means that the above is a logical fallacy.

Their problem is that they run when anyone explains it logically. Logical phobia, perhaps?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They believe they are the Truth because their Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells them so, and tells them not to believe anything from outside. (Everything outside is from Satan).

• yknot
    yknot

...... ultimately it boils down to believing the WTS is "God's Channel"

But here are the two top reasons if they start listing 'reasons'

1. Core 3

2. Xmas, Easter, and Halloween are pagan.

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

Is it me or the gospel they preach is the exact opposite of what the Apostles preached in 1 Cor. 15:1-4?
    1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
    3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit