What makes you think

by John Doe 18 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

What makes you think you know what I think?

• halcyon
    halcyon

I don't believe in the concept of "deserve." It implies someone over me, judging me. I refuse to acknowledge any such authority.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"What makes you think you know what I think?" Is this a new question in the "what makes you think" theme? I don't have a clue what anyone is thinking!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am the dog's bollocks

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What makes you think you deserve to live?

Take the DO YOU DESERVE TO LIVE test:

http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/8096717/do-you-deserve-to-live

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, here is confirmation (from OTWO's quiz) "you are absolutely perfect. you are not too unbearable and at the same time not too sweet. you are perfect and i hope you dont change. and yes. live. you deserve it!" I deserve to live because the internet tells me so.

• caliber
    caliber
    what makes you think I don't deserve to live?

Well then go ahead and move JD... Go ahead, make my day." !!!!!!! Caliber ....... LOL !

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I didn't realize it was some kind of privilige. I didn't ask to be born, nor was I given a choice on the matter. For some it's pure hell.

There are many things people don't deserve, like a kid being born deformed or severly handicapped. We all get a different hand and have no choice but to play it out.

From a societal point of veiw, we all add to the value of the human race even those with handicaps. People that don't deserve to live, are those who intentially seek to harm others ( for no reason) and are evil. Even then society will not kill them.

I deserve to live because I made a conscious choice to be good without religion and without a God. WE can't go through life and not harm anyone. That's just impossible. Many things can happen in survival mode as well. Look at the cruelty of nature. What animals deserve to live? Those that we have chosen to be companions, those that are not harmful to us but we eat on our dinner tables once they are fattened up.

Animals arn't evil, they are instinctual. Humans make choices and cause far more damage than any other animal on the planet. Do we coexist with mother earth? Perhaps very few, if any, of us deserve to live.

When I speak of good and evil a part of me says there is a God watching and he is the one that decides this. At the same time I could also say that we are living in a world he made with very little power, very little knowledge and very little time. If someone is desparate they will do something desparate things.

I could also say that we don't have any choice in anything. We could look at ourselves literally as complex biochemical mathematical equations unfolding in a universe that continues to create life good and bad. That means that if I reach out to get a coffee cup, I really didn't have any choice in the matter even if I thought it was really me doing it. The action of me reaching for the cup, is a chemical reaction going on in a biochemical machine that processes the data and causes my arm to flex certain muscles to reach for the cup. Not only that, who I am and all that is required for me to reach that cup includes all my ancestors who survived to pass their lineage on to me. All the actions they took are the biochemical responses that were needed to ensure I would be here to grab that cup. This too forms part of the massive equations that are continuously unfolding. It is all mathematically predetermined and we have no more choice over the matter than a car that is driving. That car was mathematically engineered to do exactly what it does.

If we are able to develop artificial intelligence and eventually life itself, whatever was made, didn't have the choice, and do we have the right to kill it if we so desire?

If we look upon all things as machines, then perhaps evil is something that can be re engineered.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Because everybodys got to fight for their right to party. And I'm fighting everyday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit