nasty email to my coworker ala 'watchtower comments'

by tsar_robles 23 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Please allow me to decipher the original post.

I've allowed this guy at work to make my life miserable for the past two years....

I am miserable. Ladies.... I do have a job though.

he is totally the opposite of a team player; and he's always sending emails to our boss trying to show off.

I am some how jealous of him

Well, today I replied to one of his latest emails and included everyone in the reply

I know how to email. I do not understand etiquette.

in the reply but I replied to him ala 'watchtower comments' ... lol.

You guys have no idea how important I am. I am 'watchtower comments'. Please help. I am miserable.

This email earned me a meeting with him and my boss tomorrow morning... lmao.. any 'additional' comments welcome...

I did tell you I am watchtower comments right?

I broked down his paragraph into quoted lines along with a comment:

I can use the word comments 4 times in a post. Cool huh?!!

Body of my email

I work in tech... ladies... anyone, anyone...

[he's closed 2.341 helpdesk tickets in the last two years compared to 3,095 of mine].

Im miserable. Im jealous.

And this is not counting other projects and other special requests I get bombarded with on a daily basis... thanks again.

SEEE!!!??? I am im poe tent. I get special requests and stuff.

Wanker.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Nice IP. Nice.

(I work in IT too ladies! and I don't whine)

• free2think
    free2think
    Nice IP. Nice.

(I work in IT too ladies! and I don't whine)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This guy does not sound like 'V' of Watchtower Comments or anyone affiliated with him.

I thought what he meant was he copied the style of 'V' in reciting the words and then spinning or unspinning to expose an underlying meaning, not that he him self was the person behind 'WC'.

About the overall concept - I think was an ill-conceived concept and will likely backfire on Tsar. As best I can see, your co-worker may be a kiss-up, but he seems a kiss-up with a plan and a goal of career advancement. I've been in a deadend job myself and stayed there 10 full years longer than I should have. I started to resent others. Big and stupid little projects were planted on my desk because I could do them faster and better than others. Those special projects and my own lack of gumption to get a better job kept me miserable to the point of severe depression and eventual emotional breakdown.

It may be a good time to look at the bigger picture - much bigger picture - and see what you can do to make your career more fulfilling without worrying what others are doing.

I do hope tomorrow's meeting helps both of you put this behind you.

-Aude.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

If Tsar worked for me he would be in hot water right now...

And his vindictive style has no resemblance to WTC...

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "I've allowed this guy at work to make my life miserable for the past two years..."

Exactly who's fault is that? I mean, well, I'm just sayin'. You know?

Peace!

Shel (on her own, 'cause I really shouldn't have even come back to look. You know? I'm just sayin'...)

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

thanks for all of your replies guys...

and no, I do not consider myself any of the names people have called me but that's fine if that's the impression I've given you...

I guess I should have mentioned that all the other people included in the reply email were colleagues that are also fed up with this guy's malicious and advantageous attitude.

And no, I am not here to impress any ladies about me working in IT, I'm happily married... and for that poster that said my boss will think of me as a wanker or that I would be in hot water, well you guys were just plain wrong...

anyways, I went to that meeting with a calm attitude and yet all hell broke lose, lol. My boss started by saying he wanted to hear both 'sides of the story' so I went first. I told both of them how this guy has always been very deceitful and has had everyone fooled by always pretending to be busy with meaningless duties; and how he is always boasting that he is going to help me and my other colleagues and yet he always misteriously dissapears or comes up with urgent things that changes his plans.

Well, then it was his turn to talk and as expected started defending himself and talking a lot of b.s. At this very moment I could not hold any of his b.s. anymore and I slammed my pager and cell phone on the table and told both of them that I've had enough and used the F word plenty of times lol and started to walk out telling them that that's it, that I'll talk to the director, etc just cursing on my way out. My boss asked me to calm down and explain, well then I looked at my coworker and told him how he was so full of it and how he is such an a**h**le when he knows how he has been, telling him how not only does he not help us but also stockpiles supplies for himself and does not let anyone use when he knows we've ran out of supplies and cannot complete our part of these client projects. I gave him and my boss other examples of how he has acted recently and my boss just kept asking him if that was true and the guy just kept answering "that was the smart thing to do of helping out [himself]"... well then my just got pissed off and asked him why did he disobeyed known orders about that kind of stuff that he knew very well not to do... he just kept on justifying himself.

at the end, our boss said he had heard enough and that we had two options; to either keep things the way they've been and treat each other as team mates or else he would start imposing micro management on us. I told him that imposing himself on us would be perfect... I told him how some people just dont grasp free will and good will towards other and sometimes dictatorships are necessary... he just smirked. Well at the end he said he could not deny the numbers on those ticket reports and would give some of my clients to this guy and also take some from the other guys and give them to him...lol. He also said that he would come see us every morning and that we must have a game plan for each day and whoever has less to do would be given other people's duties. I told him that he can do whatever he wants but that if he is not going to fire this jerk then he should at least not force me to work with him... I told him 'I mean I've already worked here two years busting my a** without no one helping me so I'll be ok as long you give him some of my clients but anything else from him I dont want...

well, it was a full day of drama so we'll see tomorrow how things go. Some people said I should be grateful that I have a job and I am. And yet I do not see why I have to be the loser in this situation, well maybe if I keep acting like a rebel and cursing everyone out I'd probably would and yet that would be my only mistake, I'm talking I'm against some 40 something guy that knows how to work the system and pretend the victim and keep his coolness and phony self... oh well

• jgnat
    jgnat

You've got a game player who self-promotes. Every office has got one. The boss, I'm betting, knew that all ready.

You blew it by broadcasting your misery on the rest of the team. Just because this guy is a royal pain does not give you permission to be just as stupid. The rule of thumb I live by is to praise in public, reprove in private. You should have had it out with this guy, mano - a -mano, in the coffee room. Where there was no audience. The guy probably would have ignored you anyways, but at least you wouldn't have come off as a big jerk.

Your boss needs to know that you can rise above the petty stuff, continue to do a great job, and not stir up the crap. Can you do that?

• Brother Apostate
  • John Doe
    John Doe

Have you ever noticed the guys not busy enough that they find themselves watching every little thing their coworkers do are inevitably the ones who complain the most? How is it you're keeping up on how this guy is doing his job if you're as busy as you claim? Yep, you're still a wanker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit