What's The BIGGEST Thing You Learned From Being On The Net About JWs?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I didnt know about the UN deal until I cam here to JWD.

But i had already been out of the tower since 83.

• whyizit
    whyizit

They are generally real people with real concerns, who are genuinely trying to do what they think is best for the people they love.

Just wish they could see the rest of us in the same light.

• RR
    RR
    What's The BIGGEST Thing You Learned From Being On The Net About JWs?

That ex jws are SCARY!!!!

RR

• minimus
    minimus

RR, remember, YOU too are an exjw.

• yknot
    yknot

For me personally.......

They are not God's chosen channel.

• restrangled
    restrangled

It wasn't what I found, but what my father did back in 1998 ....the letter to Hitler from the WBTS....it was disgusting. I have know idea what website he was on, I'm still looking.....he may have been a poster.

The next was the United Nations crapola which I found here on JWD.

The last was LDH's interview on tape and available with Brown the Society's information person.......That blew me away.

Thanks once again LDH for all your hard work!

r.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Where to start??

The child abuse cover-ups, particularly painful because my daughter was raped. The lies about 607 BCE just like Mary said. They defend that date to the death. It's too bad that if God judges people the way the WTS says he will, then all of them, including "unclean" babies, will die. That's fair, right??

The flip-flops on blood and organ transplants. Lying in court to get custody of the kids by saying they are free to join after school activities, which is bullshit. The date predictions, all of which failed, yet they mock everyone else who does the same.

In a way, it's the WT doing just what all the other churches do. Yet they have a unique and special "note from the teacher" while they don't bestow that right on others when THEY get things wrong.

God using a fat, balding, alcoholic who thumbed his nose at the Prohibition rules. I wish I was a cop back then, and I caught him drinking. I promise he'd never drink again.

Calling us "apostates" with the same venom as if they called all the fine ladies here on the forum "sluts". They said name-calling was a sign that the person had no chance of winning an argument, so they resort to name-calling.

DF'ing people and breaking up families, causing some young ones to commit suicide. I actually told the Judicial Committee that if my child died from suicide or malnutrition like Karen Carpenter did, that the three of them would join her shortly. And please, even the ones who are against the WT, don't flame me for the threat. I will say that four elders, one asst. CO, and one CO told me that if the same thing happened to THEIR children, they'd "grab the nearest shotgun and take care of business no matter how long I'd be in prison". Their exact words. I had a few sisters tell me the same thing. And all 30 of the computer instructors under my supervision at the tech school told me they'd kill anyone who hurt their child that way.

Another things was their bashing Ray's books. I read them both. I particularly liked CoC. I'm a writer myself and I've rarely seen a book written with such clarity, honesty, lack of malice, etc. Ray deserved his day in court, which he didn't get in Bethel. Cases used to be heard in the city gates. Now those slimeballs meet at midnight and do "their deeds of darkness".

I better stop for now, there is enough to fill 30 pages. My best to all and have a nice holiday.

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

proly 1975 n 607 for me. but i heard abut 1975 from the proclaimers book iirc. i think my being smart and thinking my conscience wouldn't let me believe their crap is what got me out. another lie is that they're so happy! i felt depressed n suicidal whaen in. i feel truly free now!

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

what's rand cam? the engine?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NO QUESTION AT ALL MINIMUS - That they jumped into bed with a whore - the UN

I already knew they were lenient with pedophiles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit