What's The BIGGEST Thing You Learned From Being On The Net About JWs?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• talley
    talley

The #1 thing for me was stumbling upon a reference here to the book, "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz!!!

While/after reading Ray's book the subconscience 'guilt' I had carried for almost 20 years just melted away.

I had been a subscriber to the WT & A and had noticed a stark difference in the 'tone' of the WT articles around the very early 80's; the
    "LOVE" was gone.... because Ray was gone.... and I only learned of the connection upon getting my first computer in '02 and finding this wonderful site here (JWD). I havn't looked back since and every day now is appreciated and enjoyed to the fullest.

Judy

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

That I'm not alone in my cognitive dissonance. :O)

• snowbird
    snowbird

#1 The shocking mistranslation of the Holy Scriptures to fit WT theology.

#2 The equally shocking cover-up that at one time the WT espoused the view that Black people are inferior to Whites.

For me, those two are the final nails in the coffin of WT credibility.

Sylvia

• Mary
    Mary

Finding out about 607 BCE. That's at the heart of the whole religion. Once that's yanked away, the whole thing falls down.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Another big one for me was: Discovering that the WT organization had become my idol. While calling myself a Christian, I had no clue what Christianity was even about. I had a relationship with an organization, not Jesus Christ.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I was disillusioned to learn how they doctored-up up their bible to fit with their teachings.

I learned about their association with the U.N. I felt that was a major betrayal. I also learned the child abuse thing was much worse than I was led to believe. While I realize that all religions have this problem to some degree, I was shocked to learn how bad it really is. I was even more upset to realize that the average JW knows nothing about these things and are in a news blackout. They are like those three monkeys - see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

LHG

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The child abuse cases. Never heard a peep about here in SA. Next one would have been the UN scandal.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Everything about the JW's is

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

I remember as a young Witness that some of the bull shit was hard to swallow, how when the 8 in the early 1900's were put in prison this was from the bible as it were.. I thought to my self this is a lot of propaganda. The web SHOW ME i WAS NOT ALONE and how others felt as well , the books from former members show me I HAVE LIVE A LIE and the SOB'S took the best years of my LIFE. ASSHOLES ALL OF THEM WITH THERE LIES!!!!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Before I was on the website I knew I didn't enjoy being a Jehovah's Witness. But reading "Crisis of Conscience" was the BIGGEST eye opener for me. And "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "In Search of Christian Freedom" haven't hurt either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit