How Life Can Change

by Sunspot 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

Sunspot

What great news you have and how uplifting to all to know about it!!!

I also am spending time with non JW family over Thanksgiving.

My daughter and I will be making Christmas ornaments together. My husband bought some greenery and wants to make a wreath for the door. Sounds like we'll have some fun, family-togetherness soon.

Please don't give up on your daughter. Keep sending her messages of your love. Maybe cards about a Mother's love, or family type messages. Pretty soon, something will happen in the org. that will make her realize that she needs family.

If only I'd found out about the WTS before my dad died. He was a marine who fought in WWII and Korea and I never told him how proud of him I was........now mom is dead, too, and didn't know that we left the witnessess......

• carla
    carla

Wonderful news! This should be printed in the op ed section of every newspaper or somewhere!

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Wouldn't it be great if this post can be forwarded around like those JW emails? This post warmed my heart. THANK you so much for posted your success and newfound peace and family happiness. Despite their claims, the holidays are lonely time for so many witnesses. It's good to hear from someone who has been able to mend family relationships. This is great inspiration for all those who had been trapped and isolated by the WTS.

Take care and Happy Holidays!

Edited to add: One of the most fear inspired lies the WTS instills in its followers, is if they leave the Watchtower organization, then they leave God. I believe this is one of the most powerful absurdities that manages to keep JWs in, afraid to question what they are taught, even though there are so many holes in their ever-changing doctrines. Your post is a testament to the real power of God and Jesus in the lives of believers!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

SunSpot Yes it is so true how a life can change after the WTS, and it can be the most marvelous life possible. If only others could see beyond the WTS but fear keeps them in that locked position don't stray or else you'd become like the apostates. I don't think apostates are wicked in any way, we are free thinkers and have to see that the WTS is an oranization full of corruption. It has been proven and we don't need to be reminded of it either we see it all the time now, the witnesses are in the news and in papers, and internet and the Society can't hide forever. I would say that for those of us out of the organization our lives have had a positive change and the rest are still struggling with change. A lot in the org. struggle with just being different or excepting constant changes in different policies. And some witness are terrified to leave for fear God will strike them down at any given moment. What kind of existance is that? Fear Factor 101. My life change has been fantastic, no regrets, I never once looked back and said to myself why don't you go back Terry. No way no how . Not ever. I am free of them. I am a devote Christian I try each and everyday to walk as he would want me to walk and if I make a mistake I ask for forgiveness and pick up and start over, knowing that I have Christ's as my personal saviour. I don't know why some witnesses stay witnesses if it makes them miserable, I don't fathom that at all. Yes I do know why I stated the reason already it is the fear factor. the ultimate rejection of family and friends. how very sad a reason to stay in a cult. Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit