Another 5 min. ruined by these idiots I can never get back.

by dogon 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• dogon
    dogon

As I type their foot prints are still warm. I just had a visit by an old prude JW in Hot Springs today. She and her young girl tag along wanted to give me a bible reading. I stopped them cold and said "I belonged to the cult for 30 years, they have never been right on one single issue. " She turned and said in retreat I read the bible and know this is not a cult. I yelled back read the internet and find out what your religion really is all about. She would not look back and just waived the bible in the air. I could have handled it differently but I was in the middle of doing a class assignment [on separation of church and state strange enough] and just did not feel like playing nice with these idiots. Some times you just want to tell them to go to hell, but then they would think they won. When you have them run away they can say you are apostate but that is nothing but an Ad Homonym attack. The cult is full of False reasoning’s and Rethorical devices.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

When people are brainwashed, no matter what you tell them they wont listen. My own sister hung up the phone on me when I told her about the UN scandal. She said it never happened and hung up.

The Claw

• White Dove
    White Dove

I printed out the UN scandal off of the UN site itself and sent it to my JW relatives, who said that appostates probably work there or messed with the site.

Did you know that the UN website has apostate grimlins? Well, it does, cuz my family said it does.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife, who is only studying (though she was brought up in a JW family) pretty much said the same thing when I told her she could find out that the WTS was involved with the UN from the United Nations web site, she said if it is not on the official JW website, it is apostate material.......so that darn apostate UN!

• blondie
    blondie

I just follow the motto of no pearls before swine and find that helps me not waste my time.

• wobble
    wobble

A wise guy on here posted a saying by another wise guy "When the student is ready the teacher will arrive" I beleive that sometimes the student is never going to be ready,but I also believe in gently giving them ONE question,such as

"Using just the bible can you prove to me that Jesus chose the Bible Students in 1919?"

"Can you prove to me that the WT is God's Channel from the Bible?"

"Can you show me from the Bible that the FDS is the Mediator?"

If they are willing to discuss one such question in a proper manner then maybe they are a student who is ready,if not don't waste your time, I know it stings when they think they are so right and we know they are not,but who is wasting their life?

Love

Wobble

• sacolton
    sacolton

Next time you get a visit from JWs at the door, be polite and ask them to just stand there for a second and say, "I've always wanted to do this ..."

Then slam the door in their face.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Read the Bible???? More likely, read a few scriptures out of context along with a washtowel to make it say what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants it to say.

Yes, they are a cult. Yes, they are a damaging cult. They twist the meaning of the Bible around, and use it to coerce children into doing something that will take away from their learning and playing time. They suck the fun out of life. They waste members' time. They claim to be Christian, but do exactly the opposite of what Jesus told them to. They do exactly what Jesus denounced, and then make themselves look like they have the monopoly on Christianity.

Even if they do not go online, all they need is to just read their Bible in context, and without a washtowel or an asleep to "explain" it for them. And start with the Sermon on the Mount. See how many times the religion blatantly disobeys what Jesus said on the Sermon on the Mount. That's all they really need to do--if they did that and nothing else, they would soon realize that their religion is nothing more than a Devil worship religion with Christ as a mere front (and I here refer to Devil worship as worshiping the tendency to blindly obey others regardless of whether the actions are harmful to self or society, and not the Devil that set man free in Eden).

Hey, if I am going to worship the Devil, I want to do it honestly and not put Almighty God as a front. I do not believe that God has any right to tell me what to do, and neither do I have any right to tell people what they have to believe in. And I am not going to tell you that the Bible is always right, and then blatantly contradict it (if it's wrong, I would rather be honest and say so up front than use it as a blind to usurp value from others).

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I can't imagine the immediate psychological pain/grief.

IT'S REAL!

Blondie: pearls before the swine.

No dear, it's withdrawal of all things precious; nuture the poor pig - they can be trained to consume healthier produce without the mental anguish. The poor swine. I'd have more faith in nuturing swine versus supreme brainwashed Dubs (it's difficult/painful/agonizing) - but in the meantime...even animals have better sense.

Sorry to read of your recent confrontation (because, that is what it was).

They (in their minds) are always right: we (are) always wrong.

Hang in there!!

• shamus100
    shamus100
    Next time you get a visit from JWs at the door, be polite and ask them to just stand there for a second and say, "I've always wanted to do this ..."

Oh, I wouldn't be rude to them. I'm not religious, but I still believe in treating others the way I would want to be treated.

In any event, you will never get people to look at they're beliefs unless they are willing to change. Trying to get them to change they're mind before they're ready will only leave you exasperated. It's not worth it - let them be what they are. Ignorant. In the end, it's they're lives - and we're all responsible for our own lives and our own happiness. Don't ever beat yourself up over someone else's problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit