If You Could Have Any Piece of Jewelry, What Would It Be?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hmm, a Tiffany Legacy setting, (paved diamonds around the band and center stone, antique setting) with a nice sized oval center stone. Classic yet a bit different. Diamonds are a girl's best friend after all. On second thought, unlimited cash, then I could buy exactly what I want.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I want a fantastic tennis bracelet..I told my husband its what he is getting me as a THANK YOU for birthing his THIRD child in 5 years.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Something made out of pounamu/NZ Jade/greenstone.

It is said to be bad luck to buy pounamu for yourself.

It is also reputed to be bad luck to find/steal some out of a river/whatever and make something for yourself.

A friend of mine 'found' some in a river, drilled a hole in it and wears it as a pendant. His luck was so bad before he 'found' it that any change in luck can only be for the better.

NZ JWs think it is demonized and tales are told about JWs having demon attacks until they threw their pounamu out of the window. My (JW) son has a story about strange things that happened to his girlfriend until he threw out the piece he had given her.

All 'legal' pounamu has been blessed to remove it's 'tapu'.

Cheers

Chris

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A matching set of earrings and necklace from Tiffany

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've got some nice stuff that I wear once or twice a year when I remember it exists.

W

• whyizit
    whyizit

I've got it right now!

My son made me a macaroni necklace in preschool and made sure I wore it to every "fancy function" I went to that whole year. And I DID wear it. I never took it off or tried to hide it. I still love that necklace and wouldn't take a million dollars for it. I had to quit wearing it so much, because the string is getting weak, and I would bawl like it was the finest of pearls, if I ever broke it!

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think most will worry overly about pounamu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit