The Sigh Thread

by Farkel 156 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sigh.

I'm tired, folks. Worn out, actually. I've been riding the white horse for more than a dozen years. I've been out of the WTS for a whopping 36 years, since 1972! I only got involved as an opposer since about 1995 when I realized that I was indeed, demonized. That was my little epiphany, 1995.

I leave the boards. I come back. Leave. Come back. Take a few pot shots. Leave.

It is tough being me. I think I have so much to say, but I have such a small audience to say it to. Sometimes I feel I did something worthwhile, and that which I worked so hard to piece together gets buried in 30 minutes and goes 5 pages back in that amount of time. At the same time, someone else who writes something about a song or a movie or a "feeling" stays on the front of the board for days. I guess I understand what people like to see. I just don't have that to offer those folks.

I'm not whining about posts that stay popular even though they are fluffy. I'm not whining about anything. I am saying it is tough being me and doing what I do.

I want to make a difference in the lives of JWs and ex-JWs: people like me. Anyone who looks at my output knows that.

It has just tired me out, and I thought I was fearless in dealing with idiots, morons, apologists with no arguments and just plain stupid people.

And yes, I'm an old man now. I hate that part.

What is your favorite ice cream topping?

Farkel

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Write a book.

Hot Fudge with Nuts.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I always read your threads and look for your posts, I appreciate what you have to say, although I may not always comment. I am one of those plain, stupid people!!!

and yeah, you would have a much bigger audience, write a book!!!

I love marshmellow topping!

purps

• watson
    watson
    What is your favorite ice cream topping?

Damn, I can't make up my mind!

I recognize the effort you put into your contributions, and many here are grateful. But, I lose interest when I hear you tell someone to fuck off. It's kind of like when Dawg calls people idiots, fools, morons, etc. Weak.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

How old do you have to be to be an "Old Man?"

Hot fudge with whipping cream...Yummy!..(And a few slices of banana..)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Farkel:

I'm not whining about posts that stay popular even though they are fluffy. I'm not whining about anything. I am saying it is tough being me and doing what I do.
    I want to make a difference in the lives of JWs and ex-JWs: people like me. Anyone who looks at my output knows that.

You do make a difference. Just continue to do what you love.

For years I was center stage doing what I did. But my life turned upside-down and I believe that I actually learned humility, especially here on JWD. I realize that I am a space cadet and make no apologies. Discipline and critical thinking are new to me. My goal is to write, write and write some more. I make myself do it every day. Despite how I feel, despite the faint prospect of recognition.

I'm glad I've stuck with it as my stories are now being published.

Mrs. Jones said write a book!

Do it!

CoCo

• Gopher
    Gopher

Butterscotch.

I appreciate the thought-provocation that your posts tend to induce.

And that you know Chopin from Chopsticks.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I know you are tired, and I know it's difficult not to take this personally, Fark (may I call you Fark?) but consider this:

Maybe folks don't contribute to the threads you start because you have already said it well, and they feel they have nothing to add. Sure, folks contribute to the endless YouTube paste threads, because they think of something and can add it. I am happy to see that folks usually show up in droves to help someone crying out for help, they feel that they can (at the very least) lend an encouraging word.

If something is said well... maybe folks are too busy thinking about it to post... and by the time they've had time to think, it has floated away with the flotsam and jetsam.

Just a thought.

And loads and LOADS of real whipped cream.

Love,
    Baba.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    It is tough being me. I think I have so much to say, but I have such a small audience to say it to.

I would imagine it is tough being you, but excruciating being someone who has to live with you. Quite possibly your audience is so small, because you are your biggest fan.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Oh come on beks. You got to admit that farkel's acerbic wit is entertaining. In fact, he reminds me a bit of George Carlin, only meaner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit