Notice this Contradiction on How Jehovah's Witnesses View Marriage

by flipper 48 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I grew up in a family with non-jw father and jw mother.

My situation.

1. ME - Non-JW, agnostic.

2. Wife - JW

3. I don't have any more feelings for wife. Tried to help her see the mess that JW is going to make. No go. (it's hard to convince a new jw, especially if they were an adult convert)

4. I simply got tired already. I got pretty much snippy with her. Told her that her college education is a waste, when she doesn't even want to do some critical thinking about what she's getting into. (so what is she going to do, quit her job and let you use your college education to support her?)

5. Several previous family gatherings (with cousins) for birthdays and holidays, not there. Just hiding up in the room. Now. no more family gatherings ever. Can't give my cousins anymore excuses for her behavior. (Just go to the events and just tell them the truth, she doesn't want to go to pagan gatherings, BDs and Christmas. Does your family gather for other reasons, visit on Sunday afternoon for dinner, Saturday afternoons and watch a movie, a picnic (we went to the zoo and had a picnic with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, went to the beach, or is against associating at all with non-jw?)

6. I guess I'm fed up. Will be planning to burn or trash all the WT lit in the house. (are you leaving, otherwise she will just buy new and hide it)

7. Currently in love with another woman. Going to celebrate birthdays, holidays with her instead. (You can celebrate with your family and leave her home. Share your love with them. There is more to a relationshp than birthdays and holidays. I have a friend who is Muslim and his wife is Catholic. Happily married for 40 years. Where there's love there is a way.

I guess you have really given up...getting a divorce? According to the WTS even an unbelieving husband is the head of his family and his jw wife is obligated to obey him unless he asks her to sin against God.

• flipper
    flipper

BLONDIE- My apologies for the 7 month delay in responding on this thread. I checked in my archive threads and saw you bumped this up. Better late than never - I hope ? LOL. Interesting experiences you had, Sorry you had to go through them. Thanks for sharing. Hang in there, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Flipper, you are REALLY checking up on your archived threads. Hope all is well!!

• flipper
    flipper

JW DAUGHTER- Yeah well sometimes I go back through to see if anybody has responded to some of my " archived " threads like you say and on an occasional holiday if somebody has responded I'll bump up with an answer. Yes, things are well ! Thanks for asking ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• kairos
    kairos

I love seeing these quality thread resurfacing.

~

I expected my wife to leave me as soon as I had the courage to vocalize my concerns and reasons for making my EXIT.

She has assured me that we will stay together. I do nothing to stop her from attending and "Watchtower church" meetings or functions. No surprises or mysterious car problems on meeting days from me.

All I do is talk and share truth.

Sometimes she listens, although she does quickly forget.

• flipper
    flipper
    KAIROS- I appreciate your comments. Thanks. You are in a very ticklish situation with your wife. Just hang in there and keep showing her authentic love and caring and hopefully she will continue to see the REAL you- the loving guy she married is still there for her. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Listener
    Listener

I didn't read through the whole thread but found it interesting how some felt there was no contradiction when there is a clear contradiction.

nder the subheading : Do Jehovah's Witnesses encourage their members to separate from a marriage mate who is not a Witness ? It states : " No.

The org. loves to mention the scripture that states to let your yes mean yes and your no, no.  There is a clear 'no' in the answer to their question yet the truthful answer would be to say - 'There are times when the JWs do encourage a member to seperate from a non witness ....

• smiddy
    smiddy

Flipper 

The native american Indians had a saying or two  about the white man ( as you probably already know )

"The white man speaks with a forked tongue"  " The white man speaks out of both sides of his mouth"

I think that sums up the governing body of jehovahs witnesses and their policys nicely.

smiddy

• flipper
    flipper

LISTENER- Exactly. I didn't understand how they could not see the contradiction either. I remember elders MANY times encouraging JW men or women to leave their marriage mates for " absolute endangerment to spirituality ". But what the hell does THAT include ? I mean in the WT Society's view THAT would  include almost ANYTHING a marriage mate would do that insinuates that they disagree with the " faithful & discreet slave " or WT leaders ! LOL. So many JW marriages might be on the rocks- they just don't KNOW it yet.

SMIDDY-  Very true. Great point. " White man speaks with forked tongue. " It's interesting that you bring up that phrase- I just used that very phrase in a song I just wrote within the last week ! Very funny ! You must be psychic ! LOL. But yeah- the GB and WT leaders are always lying and talking out of both sides of their mouths. They've been doing that for years now. But the GB 2.0 seems to be getting worse in doing it. They lie through their teeth 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit