Notice this Contradiction on How Jehovah's Witnesses View Marriage

by flipper 48 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

In the new book released at the witnesses assemblies this year , " Keep Yourselves in God's Love " notice this bit of counsel given on possible separations in marriage .

It says on pg. 221 , " Absolute endangerment of spiritual life. A spouse may constantly try to make it impossible for the mate to pursue true worship or may even try to force that mate to break God's commands in some way. In such a case, the threatened mate would have to decide whether the only way to " obey God as ruler rather than men " is to obtain a legal separation.

Now notice the information in the November 1st Awake the witnesses give out to people in the field service ! The article is : How Do Jehovah's Witnesses View Marriage ? Under the subheading : Do Jehovah's Witnesses encourage their members to separate from a marriage mate who is not a Witness ? It states : " No. The apostle Paul wrote : " If any brother has an unbelieving wife, and yet she is agreeable to dwelling with him , let him not leave her ; and a woman who has an unbelieving husband , and yet he is agreeable to dwelling with her , let her not leave her husband. Jehovah's Witnesses abide by this command.

So we see a PR stunt here trying to manipulate the public into thinking Jehovah's Witnesses don't break up marriages ! Trying to control the information the public hears ! When once you become a witness , it's a whole different story. I know a good friend right now whose wife left him because he was allegedly an " absolute endangerment to her spirituality " ! Just because he didn't agree with her witness beliefs ! So what do you think of this two-faced manipulative information ? Look forward to your comments ! Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

don't see a contradiction myself...

not saying there aren't others elsewhere..

but this says if an 'unbeliever' is agreeable then don't separate...but if his her disagreeableness becomes life/health threatening then separate if you wish.

do jws encourage separation.....no

do they make allowances.....yes

happens in other religions too.

sometimes we see things that aren't there cos we wanna

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I agree with Ian, wow, I thought I posted to this thread and I see it never appeared. There is a difference between an unbelieving mate and one who endangers spirituality. purps

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I remember them saying that if things got unbearable you could leave, but I never actually heard them say to get a "Legal Separation."

However, even though some sisters had it pretty rough they were always encouraged to stay and pray. Hopefully by their being a punching bag or a sounding board for filthy vile things said to them, it would show their husbands how strong their love for them was and that JW's taught them to love and obey their husbands no matter what ..and they would surely become one of JW's because of this grand witness.

That I did hear!..

Several times...to several sisters!.

So they are careful with their words to the public..but they say something else in private.

So yes I can see the hypocrisy...they just play word games...

They are just careful not to put it in print..

If they did leave..wouldn't it show a lack of faith in Jehovah to protect them?

Wouldn't it show a lack of faith that the husband/wife may change because of their good example?

And so on....

Snoozy...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow. Nice. Lovely how they are so concerned about the "absolute endangerment of (her) spiritual life" but if her actual flesh-and-blood life is threatened, they tell her to STAY with her abusive husband because "Jehovah hates a divorcing."

Ooh, yes, I think I may have gotten my blood boiling a bit with this one.

• flipper
    flipper

TIJMKO- I don't think you understand what the information on Pg. 221 in the witnesses new book said. It's not talking about separating for " life threatening " reasons - it's saying a witness can separate for just their " spirituality " being threatened like the non-spiritual mate making them do something against Jehovah or against their " witness conscience " . So - Yes - Jehovah's Witnesses do encourage flimsy reasons for separation for just " spiritual endangerment ".

I saw it happen to my witness friend. He got DFed for apostasy and his wife separated from him even though he didn't mind her going to meetings still. And the elders still said he was " spiritually endangering her " and supported her leaving him ! Absolute horse $hit ! I believe you are not seeing things that are there.

PURPLE SOFA- What's the difference in an unbelieving mate endangering a witness mates spirituality from a witness mate endangering another witness mates spirituality ? The believing mates spirituality is still being endangered, isn't it ? I don't see your point. Clarify perhaps please

• flipper
    flipper

SNOOZY- Very true what you say. Many times elders would tell sisters to stay with abusive mates ! Non witness men or witness men who were physically abusive ! But I get upset that such a flimsy thing as " spiritual endangerment " is used as an excuse to leave ; while this same woman's husband might be very loving in all other areas of life ; just disagrees with her religion ! I think it is a loophole the witnesses create and look for.

BABA YAGA- I hear you, and agree ! The elders say for a woman to leave her husband if they " feel absolutely endangered spiritually " ! Yet in the same breath so many times elders have counseled women to stay with a physically abusive witness or non-witness husband and get the crap beat out of her ! Talk about a contradiction ! Ridiculous

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Flipper, although you wanted something else you found something even better, perhaps the WTBTS made a big mistake when they used the word Legal Seperation.

They used to say it was okay to seperate from your spouse but that was not a legal seperation.

This is just too good! I wonder how many JW are going to go out and get a Legal Seperation with a clauses that in six months they would file divorce papers.

That's a good laugh!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

In anyway you look at its a vulgar intrusion into people personal lives, of course couples are going to talk about what their doing with their lives.

As an example if the husband is trying to bring out and make light that the organization could not possibly be god's solemn organization

due to their many false prophecies, the husband is showing love for his wife and is trying to pull her out of this decisive trap that they have put her in.

If the wife explains this situation over to the elders , right away they are going to say get out your in spiritual endangerment.

They don't care about the marriage because they see that guy as nothing but an an annoying threat to their power and control.

So yes your right and its for this reason that divvied marriages in the JWS world do not last.

Each person in their minds is too important to not to lose, for obvious reasons and there are many as we know.

The reality is they want to keep as many people in their grasps as possible and they blur the rules if they have to, but aren't they known for that.

• halcyon
    halcyon

I had this same thought yesterday.

A friendly apostate is even lower on the totem pole than an abusive SOB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit