Did You See "Coverups" In The Congregation?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Mama, such things kill the spirit of a Hall.

• caliber
    caliber

I've seen in a group of five young people all involved a wrong-doing ...all the none servants kids DF'd

The two Elders kids were "repentant " so only got reproof. All the servants get keep their positions !

Cal

• mama1119
    mama1119

This same elder, who let his daughters fornicate all over the Inland Northwest, publicly reproved my then 12 year old brother for stealing a pack of cigarettes. And I kid you not, that experience has affected him to this day. He was never the same. They put him through the ringer for normal kid stuff.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There were very obvious ones in my hall , particularly surrounding and involving the PO family, they were the supposed righteous and shinning

families in the Hall that stood out from the rest of the pac, but in reality it was just the opposite, the father ( PO ) was a well to do realistate investor and seller,

they always showed up at the hall with the most expensive clothing and cars, which made everyone envious of them of course.

The family lived just a couple of doors down from where I lived and being that the son was the same age as myself we were the friends that we were told

to have and possibly could only have. In the hall everything was clean as a whistle but outside the hall it was a whole different story.

The son was the worst behaved kid in the neighborhood by far such as vandalism, stealing, bullying and beating up the wordily kids, he had no respect

for anyone who wasn't a JWS. since everything was going to be destroyed soon anyways, this was entwined into his thinking so much that it was very much

what made up his personality and character. But you can bet the entire family was out in service Saturday morning putting in their hours. As both of us reached are late

teens his father still the PO was caught screwing one of the girls that was attending meetings she was are age or a couple of years older, nevertheless he was DFed

it was such a stir up in the hall and a major embarrassment for the family they moved out of town and were hardly heard from again.

10 years later I'm walking down one of the main streets in town and who's there pushing and selling drugs but the PO son, I recognized him but I didn't stop

to talk or anything well knowing what a bad apple he was as a JW and also he tried to get in contact with me a couple times, which I played down the idea.

So this shows what some people are like when they cover themselves with a white sheet of righteousness that they think no one can see through.

Its my viewpoint that Christianity encourages and nourishes a disingenuous and dishonest personality.

It really gets to a point of laughlability when they say " but we're not worldly " we are the true and righteous.

• flipper
    flipper

Does a chicken lay eggs ? Yes in the 44 years I was in I saw too many to relate. Relating all of them would just exhaust my energies

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Like Flipper there are just too many to relate. Especially in well connected more affluent families. It's one of those things I started to feel very torn about. I'm not crazy about shunning but the rules of the club should not just apply to some. Big injustice.

• minimus
    minimus

But mama, cigarettes are bad for ya!

• mind my own
    mind my own

Yes all the time, elders kids mostly. Even in my own family as well, more than one.

MMO

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

There were three boys my age, when we were teenagers, that were smoking pot and robbed a gas station with a gun one night. One of the boys was an elders son, one was a fill in circuit overseer's son, and the other's parents were just reg witnesses. Anyway....they all got sent to prison to serve time. NONE of them was df'd!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

to be truthful no- and when I was an elder - definitely not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit