Did You See "Coverups" In The Congregation?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I did many times. If a family member was well connected, things would be swept under the carpet. But if you didn't know the right people, you'd be taken into the "back room" and the elders would grill you.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

yes.........that's what makes the stories I read here believable. I oftentimes thought the better I was at keeping a secret the better witness I would be.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I ratted out a M.S's daughter once (new to the faith, thought I was doing my duty) You'd have thought they wanted to kill me for it. Turns out he knew what was going on and was forced to step down and they were short on 'brothers' then. Boy were they mad. burning

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sure did, PO's son appointed Ministerial Servant while smoking dope. Sent to Bethel and appointed ministerial servant there. Girl back home came forward with info they were doing the horizontal mambo before he left and when she told him they should confess it he said, "No, that's not necessary". He gets sent to Bethel and eventually she came forward. Result? He was booted from Bethel and no disciplinary action beyond that. He is now inactive, married and divorced since. Laud our God, Laud Jehovah God.... (Two faced slimeballs) W.Once

• minimus
    minimus

The most notorious are the kids! They have their own code of silence.

• minimus
    minimus

The worst is when a group of kids all do the same "sin" but certain ones get a wrist slap and the others get the bulk of the punishment.

• ferret
    ferret

YES...My brother was involved in one. He was doing the P,O.s daughter-in-law for months while her husband was at work, Talk about a coverup no-one in the cong knew about it but his family and ours.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ummmmm Yes or that should be

YES!!!

Just in my family alone I can count 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 5 . . . 6 . . . 7 oops one more = 8

Then there are those who weren't in my family . . . too many to count

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes,I saw a lot of cover ups..It was insane what some people got away with.....I went to a few JC meetings..I always had them laughing..How do you deal with someone who is making you laugh?..I got more than a few warnings..LOL!!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• mama1119
    mama1119

We had this big time elder that had 4 girls. They were the skankiest sleaziest girls around...openly so, and never even a slap on the wrist. It was just ignored. One of the girls ran away with her boyfriend for a while, then came back and started pioneering. The other ones just slept with whoever, whenever. Everyone knew, everyone told on them, but nothing ever happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit