OMG OMG OMG!

by Hikaru 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang
    We have probably all felt that treipidation when we were JWs though...i recall I think in 1985 it being declared the "Year of Peace and Security" and omygod the reaction just hearing those WORDS used created in us as JWs!! And all the religious leaders of the world were going to meet in a summit and something BIG was gonna happen and and and....that was 23 years ago and still nothing. And there will continue to be nothing.

Exactly!!!

And my last meeting was the last meeting of 1974. All JW's around me were talking of 1975 being the end. So why would I "leave the ark" then? Circumstances and my moves (to Arizona, with fading as the long term goal) made the decision; I just decided to be dramatic about it. However, I said nothing, just folded my tents and quietly departed.

And just as quietly as I left, NOTHING HAPPENED. By 1980, as has recently been shown, the Yearbook had a stunted, half-baked apology that still "blamed the brethren".

The Blame the Brethren Strategy was hatched by Rutherford in about 1926 after the 1925 debacle. 1925 debacle, you ass? From 1922 on, the Watchtower made positive statements that 1925 was the end. No two ways about it: there are WT quotes that 1925 would be the end. But in 1926, the WT articles were clearly blaming the brethren for "expecting too much", when they were mislead by the leader himself.

And let's not forget that 1914 and 1918 didn't bring heaven on earth, just a mess. Russell and Rutherford were in prison in those years and Russell died. But with things not being where prophesied in the ealy 20's, they created the "invisible coming" strategy and rolled out another prophecy: 1925. Carl Sagan even wrote of the "invisible scam" as being a clever recovery from what should have finished them.

Add to this, the forebears of the JW movement was the Adventist movement of the early 1800's. Miller prophesied of several dates, including 1844. Nothing happened. 1844 is still known as the Great Disappointment to the SDA's (Seveth Day Adventists).

200 years of "crying wolf" and " the sky is falling" is why none of us here has any concern over these things. If your own "critical thinking" (or lack thereof) isn't enough, add what the scriptures say about prophets: if they fail, don't listen to them.

You pay a price for coming here: for every bit of clarification you get several lectures. With the trashy way that JW's have treated all here, what can you expect? I was 20-some years in and 30-some years out. And the 30-some out included 30 years of Stalking by my father and others to return. Others have such horror stories or worse.

I, and others, have concluded that EVEN IF JW's were right, what would living under their real authority be like? We are better to take our chances with God's mercy than these False Prophets.

I hope you soon come to your senses: 1) every little 'rustling of leaves' is not the end, 2) you will get NO REINFORCEMENT here, 3) you may be heading for a 'breakdown' - get help or just back off and 4) this site is getting tired of your dependency.

Early on, you said "if you think I'm lying, that's your problem": NO, IT'S YOUR PROBLEM. Do you know what a TROLL is? You may be really computer savvy, but you seem to have missed this gem of web behavior. You fit the profile. Your apparent sincerity will wear thin after a while and the Troll Trial will begin. I've been on this site 7 years and a previous site 4 years. I've seen this about 4 times.

You will always be on trial for hidden agenda's and other Troll apparatus. I suggest you calm down and make yor next steps towards maturity. That might include getting some help, as has been suggested here. Just be warned that JW's are NOT QUALIFIED to assist in Mental Health issues. In fact, a relative of mine was noted for having a string of Bible Studies that committed suicide. Seek competent help.

With sincere concern,

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit