OMG OMG OMG!

by Hikaru 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

IS THIS A SIGN? Is it banning all religion there or what does it mean? http://www.zeenews.com/states/2008-11-16/484112news.html

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Certainly interesting and there is no doubt JWs will be all over this

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

But does that guy have any power? I mean it says "banning any organisation using religion to create disturbances in the country. " So does that mean all religion or just hateful groups? And.... it says he 'called for it' does he have power to do it or was it a suggestion to the council or whatever? Articles confusing me @_@

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hikaru, Hikaru, Hikaru.

~~~

"Fear knocked on the door,
    Faith opened it...
    There was no one there."

That is all.

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

I was asking for clarification on the article not an analogy. -.-

• mustang
    mustang
    Guwahati, Nov 16: Noted social activist Swami Agnivesh

Still reading, but I make this to be some other countries Ralph Nader. Gonna make us safe from Corvairs, Chicken Little

Mustang

• carla
    carla

Get a grip girl, this is not the first thread in which you thought the sky was falling. You seriously need to start educating YOURSELF. Do not rely on people on an internet discussion board, old men in Brooklyn, Ny, or anybody else to do it for you. Research, research and research some more. There have always been activists in every country, there will always be those who 'call for.....' , there will always be war and poverty whether you are a believer in God or an athiest these things will always be. If you are believer in the Bible then you would believe Christ when he said these things would always be with us. PIck up a world history book for a starter.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Have you ever heard of Swami Agnivesh? Me neither. The "world religions" remain safe.

• mustang
    mustang
    should be banned

Notice "should", i.e. this is a suggestion; government decrees, laws and mandates have the words "will be" or "are" to indicate definite action. Something about passive and active voice, here I believe...

Did you pay attention in English 101? Oh, HS English? Grade school has it also.

And the WTS decided that people should learn enough to be conversant with the English language at the door or in letters; to that end they published "Qualified to Be Ministers", 1955 and soon instituted the Theocratic Ministry School.

That "don't go to college" scam they pull DOESN'T mean skip the classes that you are OK'd to do.

Don't bother to try telling me that they never said that: I got SHEPHERDING CALLS FOR GOING TO NIGHT SCHOOL.

Swami Agnivesh

Right!!!! This is Indian (India Edition) and is not a political office; he is a guru of a religious sect himself. This might as well be the Moonie in the airport.

"banning any organisation using religion to create disturbances in the country. "

You are going straight for what YOU WANT TO HEAR and glossing over real clues, like passive voice suggestions, titles of RELIGIOUS leaders with no official capacity and several others.

Where is your critical thinking?

Mustang

• watson
    watson

OMFG!!!! After reading this I'm selling the house and heading to the hills. I can't take the pressure anymore. If you know what's good for you, you'll do the same!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit