To all the people who have been trying to quit drinking. How are you doing

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

JW alkies is probably not a bad idea. I really should not respond to this with 4 sangria's on board. Thank god for speell chekz. However, I agree a healthy pregnancy is a wonderful reason to give up alcohol, I did the same and didn't miss at all. Here's to a healthy baby!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It doesnt sound like your an alcoholic if you could quit drinking for 5 months and not miss it.

If your not an alcoholic and you quit drinking what you said is like saying I havent eaten at McDonalds in a year and I dont miss it.

Big deal.

If you were an alcoholic you couldnt say what you said.

Having said that I doubt there is anything an alcoholic would say that would interest you.

Because an alcoholic can not do what you did.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

• hubert
    hubert
    For those fighting alcoholism, it isn't a 9 month period, but a lifetime thing.

Like Blondie says, once you become an alcoholic, there's no turning it around. There's an old saying I've heard....

Once you become a pickle, you can't go back to being a cucumber again.

Which means, of course, once you become an alcoholic, you can't "cut back" or even have one drink. If you do, you'll start all over again and probably drink more, to "make up for lost time".

Hubert

• oompa
    oompa
    jaguar: It doesnt sound like your an alcoholic if you could quit drinking for 5 months and not miss it.

hahaha...lmao...i quit for 11 months 4 years ago....it was so frikkin easy....i decided to start back...just beer...then just wine....then my nightly fave...ginantonik with triple lime...i have stopped a few times since....usually for three months......oompa

• cognac
    cognac

Yeah, not sure if I was/am an alcoholic. I know I tried to stop a million times and couldn't. Anywho, what anyone on this board says about it I am interested in, whether or not I was ever an alcoholic.

• oompa
    oompa
    cognac: Yeah, not sure if I was/am an alcoholic.

well...from the classes and AA meetings i have attended...if you even think that...you are one....but that is just what they say....all i know is that it is only a problem if it has ever caused you problems...and ya...it has caused me a lot of problems..........good luck girl......oompa

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks Oompa. Either way, I'm better off if I just don't ever touch the stuff again... You gonna go back to your aa meetings?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Haven't had a drink since August 29, 2005. Never felt better, still have a lot of wreckage to clean up.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Sober for 38 years with two short relapses

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

cognac: Good for you taking care of yourself during your pregnancy. As the daughter of someone who abused alcohol, please stay sober for your child's sake. There are many programs out there-private and public that can assist you with this. Best wishes on this .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit