To all the people who have been trying to quit drinking. How are you doing

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

with that?

I'm pregnant, so haven't touched anything in about 5 months or so. I love it! Don't miss it at all and never planning on even having a sip again. I don't ever want to come anywhere near going down that road again. I don't miss it at all!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

To all the people who have been trying to quit drinking. How are you doing

NOT VERY WELL !!

• oompa
    oompa

I am doing better...but have only cut back....i drink each night...it is medicine to help me sleep and it works unfortunately...believe it or not i have quit drinking the hard stuff and only drink beer or wine and i know that is just bogus, but I never get plastered like i used to, and feel much better each morning and have way more energy..........oompa

• Gregor
    Gregor

I'd like your opinions. If someone is presently drinking at, say, a value of 10 and they want to cut back to a 5 or a 3, is that more difficult than simply targeting zero?

• cognac
    cognac
    NOT VERY WELL !!

Sorry still. Any plans on improving that?

I am doing better...

Well, that's an improvement! Good for you Oompa!!!

is that more difficult than simply targeting zero?

I would say that it depends on the person. For me, it's easier to not have anything at all whatsoever. Maybe some people feel that it's like being on a diet. Take away all the treats and you end up binging. Cut back and you stick to it better?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I know I need to cut down but it is not easy

• blondie
    blondie

There is a difference between quitting drinking with no physical compulsion than it is for those who are alcoholics. For those fighting alcoholism, it isn't a 9 month period, but a lifetime thing.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I've never had to worry about alcohol. What I have a problem with is quitting sodas. That is my addiction and where my weight problem has come from. I can drink a 2 liter a day. I've been trying to cut back but I just hate water. I do keep trying though.

• cognac
    cognac
    I know I need to cut down but it is not easy

I hear you!

There is a difference between quitting drinking with no physical compulsion than it is for those who are alcoholics. For those fighting alcoholism, it isn't a 9 month period, but a lifetime thing.

Very true!

What I have a problem with is quitting sodas. That is my addiction and where my weight problem has come from. I can drink a 2 liter a day. I've been trying to cut back but I just hate water. I do keep trying though.

You try going to juice instead? Cause if you get yourself used to that instead after awhile you can start watering it down...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

My home is SO CLEAN and tidy, I have time to do things!!

Instead of coming home from work and hitting the bottle, I have been finding things to do.

I decide to clean up - get to it - FOUR HOURS later, I look at the clock. I have been busy for ten minutes. And so it goes.

The hardest thing about sobriety is changing your socializing habits and missing all you lovely alcoholic friends. (That has been the most painful part)

Why dont the alcoholics on the board get together and form a new board "JW ALKIES.COM"?

HB

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit