Did anyone hear that not being married cuts off 9 years of your life?

by Bubblie 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Does that mean if a man has more than one wife the benefits are multiplied (for the men, at least)?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bubblie, how about getting a dog? Pet owners experience definite and documented improvemen in health including lower blood pressure, better activity and fitness, less depression, and greater social engagement.

http://www.wisegeek.com/is-it-true-that-pet-owners-live-longer.htm

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i heard that last year in the uk just under 1000 people died while driving..

and that over 500 died from drinking...

and that only 50 or so died from drink/driving

which would seem to make drink/driving the safest choice..

apparently the number of people who died while driving drunk and juggling was 2...so not exactly fool proof but worth thinking about.

damn statistics eh

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I have heard that too.

Married people look out for each other, nag each other if they didn't do anything about a symptom. I guess marriage is a survival tool. That said a bad marriage can give you stress, which in turn can shorten your life. So i guess it's a happy marriage that can prolong your life.

The regular sex helps as well i suppose

Paul

• sir82
    sir82

No, but I heard that being married cuts off 9 inches of your...

Wait, what was the question?

Oh...never mind.

• bisous
    bisous

worth every second ...

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I did get the dog in the divorce. Yes, he is a lovely little guy who is always happy to see me. Hope he lives a long time. Thanks for the suggestion.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Oh well, he is left handed and they live less time than right handers

Ok, that sucks, I'm a south paw. But I'll live longer outta spite of that silly statistic, yeah that's it. Don't underestimate the mind in how long we live. Mentally giving up will lead to physically giving up.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hmmmm, the doctor told me my marriage was killing me.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Quoting A@G
    Does that mean if a man has more than one wife the benefits are multiplied (for the men, at least)?

LOL. If that was true A@G King David and Solomon should still be around with as many wives as they each had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit