Did anyone hear that not being married cuts off 9 years of your life?

by Bubblie 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

bublie,

We are the same age. That is to say, we are both ancient.

You said:

:Heard this on the TV tonight that married people live 9 years longer than single people. Another reason to be pissed at my ex for divorcing me. Oh well, he is left handed and they live less time than right handers. He just lost even more time off his life.

I'm left handed and I'm not pissed off about anything. My former wife divorced me and these days I'm not even pissed off about that. In fact, she and I are great friends now.

I suspect that you might be happy that left handed people die earlier than right handed people. If that thought makes you happy, then that thought makes you happy.

Do you want to know why husbands die much earlier than their wives?

It is BECAUSE THEY WANT TO.

Farkel

• inkling
    inkling
    Did anyone hear that not being married cuts off 9 years of your life?

well, someone needs to say it... Maybe being married just makes life FEEL nine years longer?

[inkling] <-----happily married

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Farkel, it is a new divorce after over 35 years and more together counting the time we lived together before we married. I love left handed people they are very creative and I have had many as friends. No, it doesn't make me feel better, I just wanted to say something mean. He doesn't come on here anymore but his new woman is a member. I am working through the pain of being alone for the first time in my life. I don't like it. I miss having someone to talk to and not just tell me what I want to hear, like girlfriends tend to do. How long did it take to get over the sadness. I know it is different for men they can just shut off that in their brains but I am having real problems. I want to be friends with him and maybe someday that will happen but right now it isn't possible since I am wounded.

Kit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit