Jesus DID doubt Jehovah and himself "why has thou forsaken me."

by Witness 007 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jesus asked that "Lord if this cup can be taken from my....but as you will it." And ofcourse while hanging he said "Lord Lord why have you forsaken me." But the Watchtower puts a positive spin on this saying he as God's son wasn't doubting or changing his mind...what do you think?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

He was forsaken by God as he hung on the cross. Why? Because at that moment ALL past and present sins on man were put upon his body. God can not look upon sin. It shows the depth of what Jesus did for us.

1 Peter 2:24

"He himself bore our sins" in his body on the tree, so that we might die to those sins and live righteously. "By his wounds you have been healed."

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I think god just enjoys hanging people.

Numbers 25:3-5

3 And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel.

4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.

5 And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baalpeor.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehovah seems to enjoy the suffering of others, "for his name sake."

• watson
    watson

I guess is shows just how "human" Jesus was.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

My understanding of that passage, which I gained only after leaving the Watchtower, is that Jesus last words were a reciting of Psalm 22.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

His father was kickin' his butt for vandalising the fig tree and making a false prophesy about his return.

Cheers

Chris

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Jesus asked that "Lord if this cup can be taken from my....but as you will it." And ofcourse while hanging he said "Lord Lord why have you forsaken me." But the Watchtower puts a positive spin on this saying he as God's son wasn't doubting or changing his mind...what do you think? I think the bible is full of contradictions and inconsistencies. Those who believe make their mind up to believe. They are good at twisting things around. People can lie about everything. Some people can even sell ice to the eskimos. But if you are sane and concious and awake from the zombie like trance, the bible wont work.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Jesus did not doubt.

He quoted Psalm 22:1

Psalm 22:1

To the Chief Musician, on the deer of the dawn. A Psalm of David.My God, my God, why have You forsaken me, and are far from my deliverance, and from the words of my groaning?

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Of course he expressed doubt. But believers do no approach Jesus' life to confirm if he acted correctly or not. They approach Jesus after deciding that his acts were perfect, whatever they were. If Jesus had said: I hate the Almighty, Cristians would try to circunvent that stating that, since Jesus was also called the Son of Man, the expression I hate the Almighty must be understood as an indication that man's wicked deeds revealed a patent hate against the Almighty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit