Did you ever pray at a meeting after realizing it was not the truth?

by Samuel Thorsen 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

An earlier tread shows that some of you did FS after realizing important things. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/166684/1.ashx

But did you pray at the meetings/bookstudy??

That must have been weird???

Pleas tell us.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My prayers were scripted as I was nervous as hell!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Yes - only one - the theocratic school - to give my last talk **shrug** But I wasn't allowed to do it in the end and ended up walking out of the hall halfway during the meeting.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

No, prayers were the first thing I stopped doing. I then started rejecting some talks that I found too disturbing and eventually stopped giving talks all together.

• oompa
    oompa

I prayed many times knowing i had strong doubts....that was bad enough.....but i think as my faith tanked...then service....then meetings....then privleges....i probably never was even asked anymore....same reason they stopped giving me parts...(I have TD Diplompa)......they were afraid i would go off on the fds and expose some lies...............oompa

• Honesty
    Honesty

NO.

I quit attending meetings, Field Service, etc. as soon as I realized something just wasn't right with the JW religion.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I once had to pray for the bookstudy and I had worked a long shift and was dead tired so I said: "Our dear heavenly father Jehovah................sigh.............." I had a total mental blank from being tired, and frankly my dear not giving a Damn! I managed afew "Help the brothers overseas who are suffering....those not here tonight" etc etc.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Yes I did, I gave a fairly standard generic JW prayer except that I cleverly omitted the name "Jehovah", intending to refer anyone who challenged me to Matthew 6 where Jesus also failed to use the name in a model for how his followers should pray.

But nobody noticed. Same thing happened with my subtly apostate answers in the Watchtower study. So in the end I just stopped going.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Oops misread the topic. Ah well.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sure. Prayed and gave talks. They are just very short now since it's all a waste of time anyway.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit