Email from JW

by sass_my_frass 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

He said:

Its been a while, I've not heard from you. I hope that you are back and have been reinstated. Been wanting to talk to you for, well literally years now. If your still disfellowshiped then clearly I can't speak to you. But if your back I would love to catch up. I've been debating if I should send this email for a couple of years now, you know how sensitive this can be. I hope you've come back, I've got so much to talk about. I miss my friend.

I considered replying with:

I wouldn't go back to your ridiculous cult for anything, and if the only reason you wanted to talk to me was that I'd make you feel good about wasting your tedious life in it, you were never my friend. Now feck off and don't ever contact me again, moron.

But that was a bit harsh so I tried again:

You're going to grow old and die, and just before you do, you're going to wonder if you spent your life the right way. Live with the possibility in mind that you're wrong about the armageddon thing.

My husband suggested:

Why do I have to be the one to change so that you can talk to me? Why don't you just get over it and start making your own decisions, instead of mindlessly doing what faraway uncaring men in Bethel tell you to?

But I know how precious he is so I thought maybe:

I'm sorry, I don't know who you are. Do I know you?
    Then I got angry again:
    Ben! I'd tell you that it's good to hear from you but it isn't. You freaks are still always able to completely mess up my day. I'd tell you why you're better off in reality but you're so brainwashed you'd delete the email before you finished it. Please delete my address now. If you ever get over yourself, you'll understand why I couldn't bear to spend any time wondering if you'll contact me again. I accept your apology fifty years in advance of it.

By later in the day I was ready to be nice:

Ben! I hope you're well and doing great. I'm loving life, love, marriage, and feeling really great about the future. I remember that you were depressed way back then. I'm so far beyond all that now and I really hope that you can work it out too . Listen; everybody dies, and even though you 'know I'm wrong', you will too. It isn't a big deal - most likely you'll have a long life, and if you're smart you'll not only be prepared for it, you'll really love the bit that happens first! Just live your life in a way that makes the most of your time. I forgive you in advance. All the best.
    The final edit. I wanted to give him a dozen cognitive dissonance pills. Now that I read it again, I think went a bit too far with the sunshine, which isn't really me, but he wasn't ever bright enough to work that out.
    Ben , what a surprise ! I hope you're well and doing great. I'm just loving life, love, marriage, study, and I'm feeling really happy about the future. I remember you as being very depressed. I'm far past all that now and really hope that you can work it out one day too . You've got to control your own life to be happy, and you can't kid yourself about what that means or you'll waste many more years . E ven though you 'know I'm wrong', everybody dies and you will too , but it isn't a big deal - most likely you'll have a long life, and if you're smart you'll not only be ready for it, you'll really love the spectacular bit that happens first called life ! BTW: I forgive you. You won't get that until long after you've deleted my contact details, and that's ok too . Enjoy your life, and be honest with yourself . All the best !
    I can forgive these retards and still think of them as retards, right?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Writing six drafts to only send one? That's a funadmental problem with the feminine breed. I would suggest to learn saying what you're thinking, quickly, succintly, and with no regrets.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Glad you didn't send the first one!

Personally I would go with something along the lines of telling him you are happy and enjoying life and then saying "to be honest I never expected I could be so happy and fulfilled outside the organization." I don't know whether you consider yourself a spiritual person but you could say "I've never felt spiritually stronger". Say something along the lines of "I guess life is very different to how I saw it panning out. Like everyone else I firmly believed Armageddon was just around the corner. It's good to finally know the truth".

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I believe the best response is to not respond at all, and put the email addy in your spam filter. The only way to get your point across is to stop communication.

Good luck.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Writing six drafts to only send one? That's a funadmental problem with the feminine breed. I would suggest to learn saying what you're thinking, quickly, succintly, and with no regrets.

Actually, the last draft was the best so her method proved quite effective. Most good writers write, edit, rewrite and do it all over again. You should try it some time! Cog

• loosie
    loosie

LOL. I do the same thing when thinking about replying to those still in. I usually jump the gun and reply with the first one. lol I should think more before I type.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I hope he takes the bait and deletes my email address; whichever way his life goes, whenever, I don't want to hear from him. Back then, all we had in common was our shared depression re being witnesses. By the time he gets it together, the only thing we'll have in common will be the history I'm trying to put way behind me. If he never does, I certainly don't want to hear from his tiny little brain again. My initial reaction would have been the most effective way to keep him out of my life, but I'm glad I went to the extra trouble to possibly make a tiny difference to him.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sass you should be nicer, I'm glad you didn't go with number 1 my God! You maybe able to tactfully "witness" to him.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

That last mail was the best draft out of the lot...question: Why throw in the depressed bit?

I had a couple of mails like that about a year after I got dfed - I was short & to the point - no fluff, no this or that just: No I'm not reinstated, never will be, regards, Louise.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great post. I loved the real replies, shame you cannot send them. Maybe one day he wakes up and you can show him this thread. I think your final reply is excellent and you should send it. I am sure it will play on his mind for a very long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit