I worked with C.O. yesterday in field service

by BonaFide 16 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

So yesterday I worked with the C.O. We went in a car group, four brothers. The C.O. is late 40's, in circuit work about 9 years. We went to McDonalds first for coffee, stayed 20 minutes, then drove to a return visit, then back to KH for lunch. The C.O. told a lot of experiences in the car about the tract campaign, and how the work is growing in sign language in the United States. He didn't seem to have any doubts or worries whatsoever. He seemed sure of himself, happy, and enthusiastic. I tried to sense if there was any underlying doubts, but I couldnt tell if anything was there.

He talked about how Bethel in New York is so smart for selling the real estate now, and how they definitely have Jehovah's spirit because they buy and sell at the right time. also how the ones that were reassigned from Bethel love the field ministry and are glad they are reassigned. He said some were not too thrilled at first, but now they are happy.

I talked to him that night before the meeting, he said there are "matters pending" with me. So that didnt make me happy. But he also asked me how long I was a missionary and C.O., so he was polite I guess.

But it was just surreal to be with someone who is like I was a few years ago, in every conversation he turns everything around to reflect good on God's Organization.

He also acts like he is important, but yet humble at the same time. The way he walks and talks. He brings up the fact that he is the C.O. but then he like says, "I would like to know, how are you my brother." Hard to describe. Like "I know I am the C.O. and appointed by Brooklyn, but I am still a regular guy."

I don't see any way that I could have brought anything up that would have changed his mind or made him think even a little bit. Everything he said revolves around how we have the truth, and we are God's people.

BF

• shamus100
    shamus100

How on earth is selling in Brooklyn at this time 'the right time'? Is Jehovah stupid? Prices are crashing, the economy is going into recession!

For someone who knows everything and can foresee everything, Jehovah is pretty lame.

• StAnn
    StAnn

"pending with you"???

So, are they going to DF you for apostasy or is it your affinity to attract the ladies?

StAnn

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I am not sure what their plan is. I am not that popular anyway, its that there are so few single brothers in the organization, that even if you are not a great catch, you are still popular.

• yknot
    yknot
    Matters pending....

Umm I hope you talked a good game of theocratese back to him!

Sounds like he was sizing you up the same as you were trying to size him!

Yesterday could have decided your fate!

Did you pump him any about changes? Cuz I got mine to admit he isn't rotating next year!......just some teasing on the pioneer hours though.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

He was displaying the power of optomism.

Thats the thing about life. If people are optomistic and think they are doing the right thing they can be happy with their life.

The sin that got Adam and Eve kicked out of the garden was eating of the fruit of knowledge of good and bad, knowledge.

I liken the tree of the fruit of good and bad to awareness. To being concious, awakening from the zombie like trance that most people start their life out in.

Once you become aware, concious of what's going on you find it hard to be content and find yourself on the way out of their paradise.

That's why if you want to be a JW, you cant ask questions.

Questions have answers and lead to awareness.

When people find out who the wizzard behind the curtain is, they are not always happy.

They find their chain has been yanked their boat has been rocked and they are no longer in paradise.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Selling at the right time? I hope they take a bath on those sales--and get forced to take another bath on the pedophile defense lawsuits.

• minimus
    minimus

Bonafide, tell us more about your Circuit Overseer past, please.

• dozy
    dozy

Clearly hasn't heard about the Bossert deal collapsing - if they had put it on the market a couple of months earlier , they would have got it away. Now they'll be taking a $30 million loss on the original sale price.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

real estate prices are still high in NYC. Although the bossert deal fell through, they got good profits from all the other building they sold

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit