Another Christmas confession.

by Mulan 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Arghh! It used to irk me to no end that I was not supposed to participate in playing holiday music. I was one of the leaders in the band and it really hurt to let my band down by not playing in the concerts. I compromised and helped the band through rehersals unitl I was no longer needed. At one point the band teacher assigned me elswehere since I wasn't going to play the concert anyway. I was hurt.

Our department bent over backwards for me and some other "objectors" though and staged other non-holiday concerts where everyone could participate. I loved putting on the Harvest Moon Ball every October. It gave me a taste of the school dances I was not allowed to attend. Somehow my folks didn't place a concert in the "can't do" file unless it was a holiday or the dreaded "senior dance".

I love the old movies with Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra and my wife an I always end up watching the "seasonal" features played this time of year. Bing Crosby's White Christmas is one of my favs. I love Tim Allans Christmas movie where he takes over the big guys job. Crackes me up! My wife loves "A Christmas Story" where the little kid only wants a BB-gun. Hilarious!

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit