My HISTORICAL night in Grant Park!!! AMAZING!!!! (pics)

by Tatiana 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I had a ticket to get in and took one guest. I stood in line for about two hours. I then stood up for seven hours watching and waiting and dancing and laughing and cheering. The crowd of 240,000 was amazing. No pushing or shoving. Every color of the rainbow helping each other and laughing with each other. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. As you all know I have a clot in my leg, and it has taken me two days to recuperate from standing so long, but it was well worth the pain and I'd do it again.

I got home really late!

alt
    This was historical for me too. I've never, ever voted in my entire life. Partly because of the brainwashing, partly because I never found any politician to be even remotely worth considering. I feel so good that I took part in helping Obama become the 44th President of the United States of America. It feels so good not to sit back on my ass and wait for some invisible force to come down and save us all, while we have the strength and knowledge to do something OURSELVES! Sure, I don't think Obama can fix everything. Sure I don't think he's going to save us. WE are going to have to do that all together.

alt

alt

You can see the Obama family in the far background behind the bullet-proof glass.. I'm so damned short, I couldn't see over heads.

alt

Nice hats!

alt

alt

Going through metal detectors. We had to pass three checkpoints. Empty everything from our pockets, even my chapstick. My cell and camera had to be ON. It was really amazing how they checked all these people so efficiently in a short time.

alt

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I have lots of video too. I'll have to upload to youtube and then I'll post a few.

I just liked her shirt. I have no idea who this is.

alt

I don't know where but I keep reading that Obama got elected only because all the Black people in America voted for him. HAHA

This man stood behind me with tears of joy in his eyes.

alt

alt

Watching Obama's speech...

alt

alt

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks for sharing, must have been an amazing atmosphere!!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

It was! I've never seen anything like it.

Secret Service...they were all over the place.

alt

ME!! My granddaughter cut off my face. My eye makeup is all smeared from crying.

alt

alt

This lady cracked me up! She was so happy.

alt

Almost there...

alt

And this is when I lost it. I was crying like a baby. Everyone was screaming and jumping up and down. I was hugging total strangers who were hugging everyone else. It was like a dream....I'm so proud to have seen this in my lifetime.

alt

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Great pics thanks for sharing

nj

• beksbks
    beksbks

Girl you got me tearing up again!!! I would have given my brother's left nut to be there. Heck his right too!

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

Your pictures were great...thanks for posting them!!!!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'm so jealous, it looks like those magical moments people just wish they were there to share in. Like Nirvana's unplugged performance.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I know beks...every time I think back to the way I felt when CNN announced it...I feel the tears coming again. I bet your brother's nuts are happy...hehe

The 44th President!!!!

alt

The first family...

alt

alt

USAToday interviewing....

alt

This ticket is going into a frame!!!!

alt

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

This is my favorite one of all....LOLOLOL

I know it's been posted here somewhere before, but I love it!

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit