Proud of Americans

by chicken little 17 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Thanks Chicken Little!! Your sentiments are exactly what I am hoping this presidency will do for us!! Bring us together.

Ninja, even if your words are true, it's what the people of this country did yesterday that we are celebrating.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think those same people that are in office you talk about Ninja, will have to recognize that the American people are no longer going to stay silent. They know that ........we are a country of WE, the people. Yes, there is a honeymoon right now. And as in all marriages, what happens after the honeymoon is most important.

Americans have been energized, we have lived for years with stress and depression under Bush. We and the world needed hope! We needed to feel like we counted. There is a feeling of unity among the people that do want things to change. Time will tell.

purps

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

"A nation by the people, of the people, and for the people, has not perished from this Earth." - Barack Obama

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks Chicken little....for your very kind words.....they are healing.

r.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Ninga, I agree the same people are behind the scene. But today we were given our bone and appeasement and we are rejoicing. We had some Ham with our beans and gruel.

I know were still on the plantation, still caught in the matrix and cant really see any way out.

Maybe individually, not collectively.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Graceful days in politics are few, America just made one of them.

Within the broader context of the current financial crisis I get the impression that the remaining side of the Berlin wall -- of dogmas, not concrete -- is falling. The world breathes a little better. Whatever may come it feels good right now.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

jaguarbass:

I'm proud to be an American again after 8 years of shame.

Me too. In fact, I'm going to buy an American flag this week, because it's my flag too...now.

gently feral

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Americans have just come off of a figurative drunken binge, needed to roll around in the vomit filled gutter for 8 years before saying "enough".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit