Proud of Americans

by chicken little 17 Replies latest jw friends

• chicken little
    chicken little

I am british, living in scandanavia. I have the deepest respect for the democratic process in the US. The historic election last night will be remembered by all who watched and waited for the result. This election has made history in many ways. Young people have proved that they are not apathetic to what is going on around them, they took part. Older people did not tire out, give up...they went for innovation. The deep wounds of the past have been finally covered in the US...wow to try to imagine the deep emotions of elderly afro-americans witnessing something so unbelievable just a few years back.

I take my hat off to you all....amazing, touching, motivating and exceptional. You are quite a people.

Chicken Little

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Cannot agree more ;-) from a Scandinavian

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Thanks for your observation chicken little!
    Its nice to see how the world is responding and feeling about this election.
    I think the vast maority of people everywhere was ready for change.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Agreed, it's an incredible achievement. To go from where they where not even fifty years ago to today is absolutely astounding.

• chicken little
    chicken little

I intend to keep a what were you doing when you heard who won? I had just finished an early morning cleaning job...(had the radio on all the time), found myself crying...good grief I am british, pull yourself together! Proceeded to text all my american friends here with a happy obama day text.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm proud to be an American again after 8 years of shame.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I'm 51 years old, was a JW for 25 of those years. I voted in this election for the very first time in my life! I am so deeply happy to see a glimmer of hope that we are moving away from the past and into a positive new future. I said to my BF this morning that Martin Luther King is probably doing cartwheels in Heaven or wherever our eternal essence goes after this life..........today, I am proud to live in America.

• ninja
    ninja

the same people REALLY running things behind the scenes the last eight years and before are still there....and they are not going anywhere soon......the honeymoon will soon be over

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

my feelings too

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    the same people REALLY running things behind the scenes the last eight years and before are still there....and they are not going anywhere soon......the honeymoon will soon be over

I used to think that way, too, but, without hope for a change, what do we have? also, why stay stuck in such a negative mind set. maybe the real secret is overcoming our own negativity and daring to hope?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit