Interesting Local Needs Talk: Don't Invite Studies To "Our" Get Togethers

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As I was told it, the powerful point of the talk is that mixing JWs with nons at get togethers is not to be done. Since they share nothing spiritually in common, it would be unwise to associate with them.

From what I see, the leadership of JWs is always trying to keep their people isolated.

• VM44
    VM44
    Since they share nothing spiritually in common

What about the Bible?

Walter Martin would call the JW's "Brothers" when they came to his door. The JWs didn't like that because they said Martin wasn't one of their "Brothers"

Martin replied by asking them a question, "We all descended from Adam, didn't we?", The JWs would answer "Yes", so Martin said, "Well, then, we are Brothers then, Brother!"

• VM44
    VM44

The point of my Walter Martin story is to show that the JWs like to consider themselves "different" or "special" from everyone else on the earth.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah but you get the feeling with people like Walter Martin that they will say stuff like that, not because they really feel brotherly, but just because he enjoys that it annoys the hell out of the Witnesses.

• minimus
    minimus

Martin was a guy I never liked. Smug.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

why - to show how loving we are???????????? WTF

• minimus
    minimus

isolationists

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

when was the last time witnesses had a get together? years around these parts.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I thought the Dubs were no longer allowed to have get-togethers with more than five or six people. My sister's son used to go play volleyball with a bunch of other Dubs--enough to make up two teams--and the elders made them stop.

Serena

• garybuss
    garybuss

The meek . . . . it's what's for dinner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit