Scholarly support for 607bce ?

by wobble 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biff mcfly
    biff mcfly

I received a letter that a friend sent me from another active JW. The JW was arguing the 607 date with my friend, an exJW, like me. What boggled my mimd was what she said in the last paragraph of her letter. To sum it up, she claims that the Witnesses now do not claim that 607 was the year Jerusalem was destroyed, only the year that it lost the right to rule in Jehovah's calculations; the year that marked the end of the Jewish nation being God's favored people. If this is indeed accurate, then it's a very clever ploy. The witnesses no longer need to prove Jerusalem's destruction in 607, they just have to say that reverse chronology proves that 607 was the year Jehovah stopped favoring Israel...thus we are right and it doesn't matter what year Jerusalem was destroyed. Diabolical.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Wow Biff - that is very interesting - that would have to be major NEW LIGHT though. Anyone else heard of this?

• still_in74
    still_in74
    she claims that the Witnesses now do not claim that 607 was the year Jerusalem was destroyed, only the year that it lost the right to rule in Jehovah's calculations; the year that marked the end of the Jewish nation being God's favored people.

No this is not true. The WTS absolutely teaches the destruction of jerusalem as 607BCE even in the most recent of study edition WT mags.

• OBVES
    OBVES

The Bible has the numbers and these were written in the Hebrew as words . If we must study God's Word to come to the knowledge of the True God we must study ,then, the numbers ! But to do just that there was not time given by God Yahweh - Daniel 12.4,9 .

We need to learn about numbers in the end-time era to find out when the second coming of the Messiah may take place.

If you don't understand the Divine Numerology based on the Bible you may not know when to expect the end of the world

and you will be caught surprised .

• OBVES
    OBVES

If any one on any religious discussion group uses obscene language it is a clear testimony that person must be in an unsaved condition

and bear in mind that what will happen if the promised end of the present world order comes to an end in 2011 AD ?

• OBVES
    OBVES

How important dates 1037 BC,607 BC ,587 BC ,537 BC , 457 BC and 455 BC are in setting up the chronology you should go to:

alt.religion.jehovahs-witn ( google group ) and check my post history there .

Also visit Jehovah's Witness Online where lately I wrote on dates 1037 BC ,537 BC which testify to the fact the Watchtower was superb in setting up the chronology in the book " Babylon the Great Has Fallen ".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit