Scholarly support for 607bce ?

by wobble 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Not only is 537 BCE a secular date, but the WTS cannot prove that exiled Jews returned to Jerusalem in that year.

Also, they accept the secular date of 539 BCE for the end of Babylon's rule, but they do not accept the method used by their secular sources to arrive at that date.

Consider this: the Babylonians only exiled the upper echelon from Judah. The Babylonians left "the people of the land" to care for it. When the upper echelon came back, there was great dissention as the elite attempted to exert their influence over the people who had been left behind. The "people of the land" frustrated the attempt by the elite to rebuild the temple for 20 years, until Ezra was able to exert pressure on them. The worship of a single God YHWH was the practice of the urban elite. The "people of the land" (who did not write the Scriptures) worshiped other gods alongside YHWH, such as Asherah and Baal.

Doug

• OBVES
    OBVES

Go to Jehovah's Witness Online forum and check the subforum on the end-times there . I wrote numerous explanations in defence of these two dates.

Also check alt.apocalypse (the google group ) .

The book by the Watchtower " Babylon the Great Has Fallen " gives the chronology that I prove immensely and puts the Jehovah's Witnesses as the best christian organization by the virtue of the dating alone !

1037 BC - 1034 BC - 1027 BC - 607 BC - 587 BC - 537 BC - 1914 AD - 1984 AD - 1991 AD - 1994 AD.

1034 BC - 1994 AD = 3030 years which hides the truth that one symbolic day of a symbolic week has 1010 years.

4027 BC - 3044 AD = 7070 years- one week.

1034 BC - 1027 BC - 607 BC = 7 years + 420 years = 7 weeks of Daniel 9.

587 BC - 517 BC = 70 years .

517 BC + 2520 years = 2004 AD

587 BC + 70 years + 2520 years = 70 weeks of Daniel 9.

587 BC + 2520 years + 7 years as 7 weeks of Daniel 9 = 2011 AD.

How I came to these formulas go to alt.religion.jehovahs-witn ( the google group ) and click on "options" and "messages by this author ". (OBVES).

• Slappy
    Slappy

I'm feeling incredibly immature at the moment...

1+1+1+1+1=5 or !!!!!

5-1 = 4 or ,!!!!

4-1=3 or ,!!!,

3-1=2 or ,.!!,

2-1-1=0 as in the 'null set', as in we have no idea.

Not that I'm ridiculing your incredible math skills. It's more the fact that it's quite clear in the Bible that we do not know when the end is. There are more than a few scriptures that make that statement. Why do you insist on going against scripture and making claims like that?

slappy

• justhuman
    justhuman

There is a scholarly support indeed.....by JW's Scholars such as Furuli...You got the point as you have read all the previous commnets. It is like having "scholar support"of the NWT. Do you know ANY serious scholar that supports it?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

To the best of my knowledge,None.....Furuli??...I believe.His expertise is in Linguistic`s...........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Go to Jehovah's Witness Online forum and check the subforum on the end-times there . I wrote numerous explanations in defence of these two dates.

Also check alt.apocalypse (the google group ) .

The book by the Watchtower " Babylon the Great Has Fallen " gives the chronology that I prove immensely and puts the Jehovah's Witnesses as the best christian organization by the virtue of the dating alone !

1037 BC - 1034 BC - 1027 BC - 607 BC - 587 BC - 537 BC - 1914 AD - 1984 AD - 1991 AD - 1994 AD.

1034 BC - 1994 AD = 3030 years which hides the truth that one symbolic day of a symbolic week has 1010 years.

How I came to these formulas go to alt.religion.jehovahs-witn ( the google group ) and click on "options" and "messages by this author ". (OBVES).

Again Obves this just reverts to my original question. Is the 607 BCE date arrived at all through archeological means or do you have to use the 70 years of Israelites being enslaved to Babylon?

If you add enough numbers and dates to anything you can get any number you want, it doesn't mean it's proved. I could use a bunch of dates and randomly strewn numbers from the bible to theorize that Jesus is returning tomorrow, it doesn't mean it's right.

So to bring it back to the original question, is there any scholarly (archeological evidence) that 607 BCE was the date Jerusalem fell?

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

1. Do any of the "scholars" listed by JWScholar actually write for the WTS?

2. Are these "scholars" the only writers who prepare WTS material that deal with the dates of the neo-Babylonian era?

3. Is there any non-WTS "scholar" who agrees with their date for the destruction of Jerusalem?

4. Is it possible for these WTS scholars to date the Fall of Babylon without resorting to secular sources? Can they get that date solely from the Bible?

Doug

• still_in74
    still_in74

why do you insist on constantly hijacking threads with your bullshit chronology? You keep dragging up this feces and throwing in threads all over JWD amongst substantiated and legitimate discussions.
    Can Simon please create a special discussion area called "whacked-out bullshit" so OBVES and JCanon can stroke each others egos with this excrement and the rest of us can not waste any more precious seconds of our lives reading BS theories of bible chronology?

• Mary
    Mary

Wobble: Check out the section in my project that I sent you (at least I think I sent you). There's a whole section in there about 607 BCE.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Ray Franz assigned research on this very subject for the "Aid Book," When he presented the findings of biblical scholars and from his own indepth research he came to the same conclusion and presented it to the first Fred Franz,. He was told that it was the date 607 and that was the the long and the short of it.

I am sure that I read this.

If I am in error I apolize. You can beat me up with a wet spagetti noodle okay, oh no better make it a lasagna noodlle please.

love

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit