As of tomorrow I will no longer be a JW

by passwordprotected 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• StAnn
    StAnn

Congratulations, PP. Job well done.

Did you give them your wife's letter?

Did you give them the info on the UN and, if so, did they take it?

StAnn

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thanks for the update. I'm glad they behaved in a decent manner. You're done with them! The road ahead will not be easy, but it will be very rewarding!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

All in all I was touched by their love and kindness

well good then, it's over for that part. Now is a good time to plan positive things and enjoy the rest of your lives.

Give my love to Gail.

you are free, and in Christ!

God bless,

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Melody sez:

Find a rich old, horny fool and send a scantily dressed sister out to console him.

Flirty Fishing! LOL. They larned it frum da Chillins of God. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flirty_fishing

Randy

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Congratulations Mark. It is a good feeling to be able to hold your own and have your say with the elders. Hopefully you have planted some seeds for them to consider.

• mustang
    mustang
    So, I've got all of the UN-related material I could find on the 'net, highlighted the relevant portions and I'll pass it on to them.

They won't give you a forum, to witness to them or "testify": they will sidestep that so fast you won't know what came at you. All they need is something to note that you are now apostate. They are single minded to disposition you into one of the appropriate pigeon holes NOW and nothing else is relevant.

I would send them the DocBob Letter rather than discuss anything resembling theology or let them do what they will do in the blind.

Regardless, best of luck to you.

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang
    Please let us know what happens... I'm especially interested to hear how they respond to your testimony of becoming a "real" Christian.

(And don't forget to tell them about the multi-million-dollar WT payout to the sex abuse survivors!)

If you look up and read "classic" "JT" posts (a poster that was in Bethel and was deeply involved in JW congo business; he hasn't posted in a long time: too busy getting his degree) you will note that they have a directive to "NOT GIVE YOU A FORUM". A JC will set the agenda and follow it, not let you set the agenda. They will cut the meeting short, rather than let you take floor and start preaching.

Any such preaching, they cut you short, write you off as apostate and fill out the paperwork and select who makes the announcement.

If I sound brutal, it is better that you be aware of reality.

Mustang

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Hi Mark. Congratulations!

• mustang
    mustang

Wow, I wrote what I wrote before reading all; again, they are generally instructed to maintain control and cut you short. But you had a couple that had some genuine feelings and even concern. Not impossible, but surprising; I would have been touched also.

Generally, they are instructed to look for this sort of thing as a show of remorse and contrition to guage the genuinensss of your repentance. To see it go the other way is -- well, just WOW!!!!

Overall, as good as could be hoped for...

Mustang

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Hi and congrats on your new found freedom. I'm happy that your meeting with the elders went the way it did. Many of the people we've known and loved throughout the years are still in and simply blinded. Hopefully, you were able to plant seeds of doubt through your testimony or at least 'fertilize' the ones that may already be there.

Much success to you and your family on your newfound freedom in Christ. Take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit