Sask. JW church failed to report sexual abuse: Victims

by Tatiana 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

this is another disgusting and example of jw policy. this a@#hole is being supported by a congregation of self righteous fools while these women are left to put their lives back together. it makes me sick. it needs to stop. and i can't believe his goody goody wife was along for the ride.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Is the molester serving in an over site capacity today?

• Mightyone
    Mightyone
    Their father and their abuser later became "dear friends, and would go for coffee daily," a situation which continues to this day, she added.

I have a real problem with statement like these. If the parents of this/these girls aren't taking steps to protect them, how is it that JW organization is supposed to handle these problems better? I absolutely feel bad for any victim of abuse, but I feel that parents need to look after their own children first.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Their father and their abuser later became "dear friends, and would go for coffee daily," a situation which continues to this day, she added.

I have a real problem with statement like these. If the parents of this/these girls aren't taking steps to protect them, how is it that JW organization is supposed to handle these problems better? I absolutely feel bad for any victim of abuse, but I feel that parents need to look after their own children first.

I've seen it happen before. More than once. When my best friend was molested by a brother, they blamed her and even questioned ME. I was 12. Her parents went along with whatever the brothers said. So, if they said he wasn't at fault and was good to go, the parents will listen to the elders rather then their own children. That's why this is such a dangerous cult.

• flipper
    flipper

TATIANA- Excellent thread by you ! Thanks for posting it ! More people ( especially misinformed Jehovah's Witnesses ) need to be informed about the hidden atrocities that are being allowed to continue unchecked in their organization in regards to the sexual abuse of children. If we had a dollar for every case of how many instances this is really happening behind the scenes - we'd all be millionaires by now. The other poster was right- this is merely scratching the surface in dealing with this problem. There is a database file of 23,000 or so on record as Jehovah's Witness child molesters at the societies headquarters. And that's just the ones they know about ! Probably the number is much higher ! We have to continue as ex-witnesses being very vocal about this and get the word out ! The WT society isn't going to tell them about what's happening !

MIGHTY ONE- I agree the protection from this abuse is supposed to start at home in the parents ability to protect their children from seedy adults who will molest them. But as Tatiana stated- part of the problem is they are taught to trust authority figures , ie, elders, ministerial servants way too much as being directly sent by God - so the delusion is they believe the elders over the parents warnings. Then- the problem is multiplied a thousand fold when it's the parents themselves who are the abusers ! Then the poor children have no one who will believe them ! It's frustrating, infuriating, and it has to stop ! Every witness that comes to my door gets informed in detail about this child abuse problem. Could be why I haven't been called on in about a year. They know what I'm gonna tell them ! Good work Tatiana ! Keep it up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mary
    Mary
    Instead, the man received a lecture from the elders, and many in the community rallied around him because he regularly attended church meetings - while the girls were "treated like troublemakers" and encouraged to let the whole thing go, one of the victims wrote.Their father and their abuser later became "dear friends, and would go for coffee daily," a situation which continues to this day, she added.eekmad

*Blink*---WTF?? eek How could any man become "dear friends" with the scumbag who molested his daughters? The guy must be an asshole of the first order.......or something even worse.

As for the rest of the congregation rallying around this pig---well, that's no surprise. We've seen it in countless cases over the years: Going to the Kingdumb Hell absolves you of all wrong-doing.

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

It's not "the cults" fault that a persons parents are a-holes....I would remove body parts from anybody that mishandled my children...But long before that became an issue I would, and do, monitor who my children spend time with...That is just good parenting. This is just another way to transfer someonelses shortcomings!

• flipper
    flipper

MIGHTY ONE- It is true that the witness " cult " is not at fault if someone's parents are a$$holes who molest them. That is a given. But the witness organizations leaders- the governing body - is to blame for not having proper instructions laid out to elders to report child abuse immediately to the police authorities ! They instruct the elders to contacyt Bethel legal department first- so the WT society can instruct them how to handle it 9 or sweep it under the rug ). Which happens many times by the way. So I disagree with you. This is not a transferring of blame to the Watchtower society. It's looking at the facts of how they have hidden and mishandled thousands of child abuse victims. Believe me, they have plenty of blame to share in the upper echelons of their leaders permitting this to go on ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mightyone,

I agree with you that first and foremost, the parents are responsible for the child.

What is very disturbing in the JW religion is how they try to get everybody to let down their guard. They try to sell them on the lie that they are around 'brothers' and that they should 'trust' everybody. This is the biggest deception I can think of. They are trying to get you to act against your very useful instincts of self-preservation.

This faulty line of reasoning can be damaging to anybody who joins the religion. I came into the religion as a young adult. It soon became apparent that they wanted me to let down my guard which I did to some degree. Later on I was left reeling by an unpleasant experience because I 'widened out' to the wrong person. Now, this may not have to do with child molestation but the possibility is there for great harm. The worst of it is that nobody is accountable. If I went to complain I was told 'people are imperfect' and how I 'have to use discernment', etc. Thus, throwing the problem (which their faulty policies created) back in the victim's lap.

When it comes to children, the results are even more catastrophic. It is bad enough when an outsider does something to somebody's child. It is worse, however, when the parents are so gullible and stupid that they served their poor child up as a victim.

LHG

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Have not seen that, Well I'll be showing that around....I probably attended the same circuit at one time.

h40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit