When a Woman's Fed Up.......

by Tatiana 22 Replies latest social relationships

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

OMFG Tat!!! I was so afraid as I read the first half of that story. I am glad you are away from that situation. There are many who are simply afraid, or unknowing of how to escape. My heart goes out to any and all who are enduring the horror of abuse.
    If any know of "silent" ones, please encourage them to get help to escape. Resources are there-there IS help.

Boozy

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

April,
    And to all whom this touched. I am almost speechless! But not quite. The human spirit is such an amazing thing. Whenever I hear something like this, I realize that.
    April, I would have never guessed that your life was such hell. You are such a bubbly, happy, free spirited person in your posts. I salute a toast to your bravery. But especially to your bouyancy of spirit.
    I too was in an abusive relationship for almost seventeen years. Nothing so horrible as what was described. Emotional abuse to the umph degree. I too experienced the degradation of the elders not helping me and taking his side. It almost destroyed me! But I decided I could either become a bitter old woman or move on. I moved on. Thankfully, I must have paid my Karmic debt.
    Your son is a product of you!!!!! You obviously gave him the gift of a good human spirit!!
    My thoughts and compassion go out to you both. May you both continue to move on. And may you have everything you wish for!!!!
    Hugs and kisses,
    TW

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Thank to those who read this and got something from it. When my son sent it, and I sat and read, a flood of memories came back to me. I cried. But realized why he sent it. So that I'd know he understood now, even though he was young when these things were happening. He is a very special person. As he took a lot from his father. I had many black eyes from jumping between them.

Jst2laws

Some wake up to the truth with shivers. I’m one.
    I'm so glad you did. It takes more strength to question and doubt than to blindly follow. The last meeting I had with the elders, all they could was tell me to "be in subjection."
    As soon as they left, I was slammed into the wall. Dared to call them. And told by my husband, "See, no one will help you! The brothers are on my side!" Which, unfortunately, was true.

This story is very close to what I went through. Especially the sick need for him to want to have sex after I was bloody and crying. After those times I was always sick to my stomach and ended up throwing up. He always used the scripture about "giving him his due!"

Too bad he didn't get what was really owed him.....

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

April,

I'm speechless. But I understand your experience far too well. (From my past - not today. I have a great guy in my life now!) Your courage to get out and take care of your children is a wonderful example. But my heart still cries for our pasts.

Love to you,
    Andi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Too bad he didn't get what was really owed him.....

Don't worry hon. It'll happen one of these days. One of these days.

Andi

• LDH
    LDH

And who is stupid enough to believe that the 'Untrained Volunteers' (that JR Brown calls the elders) are capable of advising a woman on this subject?

No wonder they are silent, Tat. They have nothing to offer except telling you to be in 'subjection.' [8>]

Lisa

• Julie
    Julie

Quite a post!

:I'm not with him anymore. I left him with two dollars in my pocket and three babies.

Quite a woman!

Very high regard,
    Julie

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Crap. I got dogged into reading that story again.

boy is that one a toughy.

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• treeny
    treeny

Dearest April, I was glued to the screen. I have been trying to reach you lately with no luck. I hope you are doing well.I'm soooo sorry you had to live the life you did. I know how abuse sucks out your very soul.I'm so thankful for meeting friends like you. Keep in touch and write me.Take care,
    Terry

• ISP
    ISP

Wow! Thats pretty awful. Glad you are out of this situation.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit