Were You One Of Those Witnesses Who Lived In Your Own Little World?

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• superman
    superman

I was more afraid of them (worldly people) in that I always thought if I befriended them they would lie, cheat, and steal from me (At least that was what I was always told as a JW growing up). I ran with a tight group of JW friends but always seem to hop from one group to another because of either one group being label "weak/bad association" or not being able to fully trust anyone in another group. Now that me and my girlfriend have left the JW's we have made some really good friends who aren't judgmental, dishonest, and are actually loyal (which is more then I can say for many of my old JW friends).

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was raised in the borg. My mother was a JW. My father was not. I resented being a witness during school. Saw it as a course being blessed with this special knowledge.

I dont remember living in my own little world back then.

But I try to spend as much time in my own little world today.

My room.

Thats where I keep all my toys.

• mustang
    mustang
    Were you intolerant of anyone not a Witness? Was your whole life consumed by "the Truth"?

Not that way: a good world, nothing to do with the quote.

I had my books, school work and I studied science and things technical. And I had a job before the time I was a teen; it would become my career and propel me elsewhere later in life.

I won't describe the job, details of which would be telling of my background and identity. But it was a place where I could go and leave JW's behind. If the JW world got too pressing, too closing in, this was an escape that nobody else could touch. And I wasn't violating any of the myriad taboo's.

It's what everybody needs(ed): a way to "shine 'em on".

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit