What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you at a meeting?

by IHaveADream 30 Replies latest jw friends

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Mine was the time I had my twin grandsons with me and I was sitting in the overflow room. They both needed to go potty at the same time. So I tried to pick both of them up. They were three years old at the time.

Well, I was sitting next to the wall on the inside of the row. I was struggling to carry both of them and by the time I got to the end of the row...I lost my balance and, egad!!!!! I fell face first into the crotch of an 18 year old brother.

At least my grandbabies were okay, but I'm sure he and I will never forget that moment as long as we live.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Pretty funny.

The most embarrassing one was one of the last talks I gave. My former roommate was my householder. She decided to play a trick on me right in the middle of the talk.

I forget the scripture (!!) but I think it was in Revelation talking about the War of the Great Day of Jehovah - or something like that. My question to her from the platform was: So, according to this scripture, whose war is this? Her response was: "Well, obviously, it's Satan's War."

OMG! I was so thrown by her answer. I was completely lost as it was not the answer in my script. And it completely challenged my understanding of the scripture AND the purpose of my talk. I gave her that deer-in-headlights stare. Went back and re-read the scripture quickly to myself. Looked back at her and saw a mischevous twinkle. I then 'encouraged her to re-read it with me and regained my composure.

Maybe not so horrifically embarrassing as landing face first in a teenagers crotch, but it was enough for me to still feel the panic 20 years later...!

Looking forward to other's experiences. I've always enjoyed this topic - both in and out of the org.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

btw IHAD - I notice you are in California. I'm from Ventura County (since 1979).

-Aude.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I was in my late teens and i had been out drinking the night before and wasn't feeling at all well at the meeting the next morning, infact i felt and looked half dead. An Elderly sister in her 70's remarked before the meeting how bad I looked and rushed me off to the mens toilets to put my wrists under cold water (It worked) Then me and this elderly sister had to leave the mens toilet together, straight into the lobby as all these people where coming in for the meeting. A passing elder shot me a look and I got pulled for being in a toilet with a female at the end of the meeting

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was 18 and just had a rather intense makeout session with my soon to be fiance on a Saturday night. I walked into the hall the next morning, my cousin spotted me and said "Josie! You have a hicky on your neck!"

• Anator
    Anator

Standing behind a very large woman during the opening song, I noticed this women's dress was partially stuck up her butt crack. The brother standing beside me probably thinking he was being helpful gently pulled her dress out from her butt, but she turned around and slapped me in the face.

About a month later I saw this brother with a big red mark on the side of his face and asked him what happened. Well, he explained the same scenario to me about this exact same very large woman during the opening song, he noticed this women's dress was once again partially stuck up her butt crack. I said, you didn't do that again did you? He said "Oh No, I didn't!" he said the brother standing beside me did, but I remember how much she didn't like that so I tucked it back in.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

My very first talk on the Ministry School was when I was about 13. When I looked up my JW cousin was at the back of the hall holding up a sign that said 'Zipper'.

How could I discreetly check it out? I really didn't need too.

Outaservice

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I got too warm at the book study and tried to take my jumper off over my head. But it got stuck half-way and then I got a fit of the giggles. I couldn't get the jumper back on or off but because I was laughing so much I had to leave the room. So I had to walk out with the jumper still stuck on my head!

Mind you, maybe that doesn't count coz the book study is no longer a meeting.

• wobble
    wobble

Ours as a family was when my son no.2 at about the age of eight fell asleep during the service meeting,as we were sitting near thr rear of the hall,and he let out a terrific loud and long FART !!!!

About four rows of peeps around us fell about laughing,and the pompous ass (arse) on the platform thought HE had said a funny!

Love

Wobble

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When "Who wants to be a Millionaire" was raging popular,

Written review at the Hall.

Raised my hand to answer and got it WRONG!

The conductor says.

Is that your final answer?

The entire congregation went hysterical.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit