What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you at a meeting?

by IHaveADream 30 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Getting up with a thirsty 10 month old, walking to the back mother's (spanking) room , only to realize he already lifted up my shirt.

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

I once rolled up to Ministry School on a Tuesday night with my top inside out. Was a bit early - because I had a part and planned to have a practice run - and spoke to quite a few people before someone kindly and discreetly pointed it out to me. I went to the bathroom and fixed it. I was a bit embarrassed ... The thing was that I worked late that day, came home, made/had dinner and then got changed in the dark bedroom - in too much of a rush to even turn on the light - and so I didn't realise. And it was a top that you could really tell that it was inside out.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I took a "prop" on the platform to illustrate a point and dropped it and it broke and it did not belong to me

• beksbks
    beksbks

I got baptized when I was 12, and the very next MS meeting, they asked all those who had been baptized at the last assembly to come up on stage. I was totally mortified, I was about as shy and backward as a girl could be, and they had not given us any warning. There were about 6 of us up there. Horror of horrors they asked us what made us decide to get baptized, and started going down the line with the mic. I seriously wished I was dead. I was second to last, and came up with a simple answer I thought would do it, when my best friend who was right in front of me, said exactly what I had come up with!! My mind was blank, I was sweating, and standing in front of the whole congregation. I started to giggle, and giggle, until after an excruciating period of time, they went on to the next person. They never came back to me, and finally let us go back to our seat. After the meeting, a woman came up to tell me that she was so touched when I started crying that it made her cry!!!!

Makes my throat thick and my palms sweat just writing this!

• The Missus
    The Missus

One Saturday morning for the service group, our DO was visiting and it was his habit to have the day text read and then he would ask questions and instead of only calling on people who had their hand raised, he would just pick someone to answer (I didn't know at the time that he did this) . He picked me, I was completely zoned, didn't even know what the text was about and had to ask him to repeat the question and then stammer through the response with some sort of generic JW speak answer

• sacolton
    sacolton

I fell asleep at the meeting (how could one not?) and I actually woke myself up by snoring too loudly. Boy, my wife wasn't happy about that.

Getting up with a thirsty 10 month old, walking to the back mother's (spanking) room , only to realize he already lifted up my shirt.

(Borat) Verry niiiiiice!

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Speaking of people falling asleep at meetings...

I remember one time when a hit-and-miss kinda brother came in to the meeting late and proceeded to fall asleep. My dad was on mics and decided to put the mic in front of this brother's face and got someone to give him a slight nudge to wake him up. So he woke up with the mic right at his mouth! The speaker was still trying to give his talk and all of us who'd seen what had happened were completely cracking up!! That'll teach him not to fall asleep at meetings!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Some of the JW girls at school were spreading false rumors about me (mischaracterizing an innocent crush I had as a desire to go to bed with the person), and I made the mistake of going to the elders to complain about it. The elder I spoke with believed me, but I did not expect him to then turn it into a special needs talk at the service meeting -- wherein he related the specific details of the rumor (as they pertained to "Person A" and "Person B"). All the youths' heads instantly turned towards me and the object of my affection, and I still remember their giggling and snickering expressions. I received an apology at school the next day from the girl who falsely excoriated me for having "impure thoughts", but it was not worth going through that embarrassing meeting to get it.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I went up to give a number four talk.

My wife had put a hickey on my forehead while I napped before the meeting......

• sacolton
    sacolton

My wife had put a hickey on my forehead while I napped before the meeting......

MARK OF THE BEASTUH!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit