Is Jesus still mediator to only the 144,000?

by sacolton 21 Replies latest social current

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes,Sacolton..It means,what you think it means.....Jesus is not the Mediator for the Average JW...The WBT$ is.........If Jesus is not your mediator,how can you be a Christian?.......Now you know why Jesus had to get a job at the Sushi Restaurant..............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Gopher
    Gopher

It would seem that the mediator for the other sheep --- according to the WTS -- is the "anointed remnant", for which the Governing Body is the official spokesman.

If you associate with the "anointed remnant", then you have access to the lifegiving waters of truth and eternal blessings, etc. etc. etc.

It's amazing that they don't teach the non-anointed JW's to end their prayers with "in the name of the anointed remnant and Jesus Christ, amen."

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, it really gets scary the more you read ...

Appearently, those anointed who have died are communicating spiritually with the Governing Body. These deceased anointed are the ones who are the mediators of the "great crowd" or "other sheep". That's just insane! How many JWs know this?

• blondie
    blondie

When you consider that Jesus said that the "other sheep" would become ONE flock with the others, where is the concept of the first group being over the second, but rather Jesus being shepherd over all of them equally.

I never bought into the idea that the "anointed" were over the "other sheep" especially while they were still on earth. Officially, even the WTS says that the anointed do not function as kings and priests until they get to heaven.

Most jws still think Jesus is their mediator, mediating their prayers, which is what 1 Timothy 2:5 talks about.

*** w75 7/1 p. 402 par. 8 Coming to the Hearer of Prayer ***To communicate readily with the heavenly Father, one must accept Christ Jesus as Lord. Peace with God can come only through the appointed way, the ransom provision by the Lord Jesus. (Matt. 20:28; 1 Tim. 2:5, 6) He is the provision for approach to God in prayer and reconciliation with him. Jesus rightly declared: "No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) He is the "helper" that plays a vital role in our having access to the Hearer of prayer. (1 John 2:1, 2)

The WTS proves that they understand this by this:

*** w02 7/1 p. 8 Worship God "in Spirit" ***Is it proper to pray to Jesus’ earthly mother, Mary, or to particular "saints," asking them to intercede with God in one’s behalf? The Bible’s direct answer is: "There is only one mediator between God and mankind, himself a man, Christ Jesus."—1 Timothy 2:5.
  • sacolton
    sacolton

You know this thread is hot when Blondie shows up ... I'm flattered.

Is there some documentation that the Governing Body receives spiritual communication from the deceased anointed?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Jesus was fired from every carpenter job he had..He kept nailing his hands and feet to the 2x4`s'

Dam, he must have been dangerous w a power nailer.

Socalton

I would say that a few know it. My mother knows it, as she quoted it to me. I then asked her where that put her. She didn't reply and is still a firm jw. I think i knew, when i was in.

S

• Farkel
    Farkel

No one has questioned the notion of why mankind even needs a "mediator," a middle-man who needs to be another supreme being.

Why does someone need to intervene on man's behalf, anyway? Bible God has already totally screwed up mankind with pestilences, natural disaters, wars, viruses, bacteria, plagues, diseases and worse: politicians and has already wiped out the entire planet once. Even so with all the misery He's already delivered to billions of people, Bible God is now ready to wipe out the planet again "real soon now." He just cannot quit screwing up and hurting and making miserable his own humans!

We don't need a mediator! We need an assassain to kill that piece-of-crap God!

I volunteer. But I'll need some serious weapons because my middle fingers raised to the sky along with my cursing about Bible God just isn't enough.

Oh, wait! Bible God is a fantasy that humans made up! Shoot! I forgot about that part!

Nevermind.

Farkel

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

It was my understanding that forum members were not to berate God as it may offend others. After all, is this not "Jehovahs-Witness Discussion Forum?" To even come here, we must acknowledge his name. Is this not a place where x-JW's can come for comfort, not to have their God villified?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant, he is also God's High Priest and the Seed of Abraham. In fulfilling his duties in these latter two positions, he will bring blessings to others of mankind, for all the nations are to be blessed by means of Abraham's seed." Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2 p.362

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but a man of pure natural belief-a Muslim. He was not one of the idolaters. (Qur'an, 3:67)

http://www.unionoffaiths.com/article12_2.html

Maybe he only mediates for the Muslims.

" all the nations are to be blessed by means of Abraham's seed" looks like a shoo-in for Obama!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Wow, that's just reeks of elitism.

You're right! Sounds almost as elitist as saying only people who believe in Jesus will be saved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit