Is Jesus still mediator to only the 144,000?

by sacolton 21 Replies latest social current

• sacolton
    sacolton

Has this changed? If Jesus is the mediator to only the anointed 144,000 ... who is the mediator for the rest of them?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Yep, only the 144,000 have a pipeline to Jesus.

The rest of the JW's have their 'Faithful Slave' to mediate for them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sacolton..The WBT$ fired Jesus a long time ago..He works in a Sushi Restaurant now........Jehovah has already been warned by the WBT$ to do as he`s told,or he`s out the door too!..Jehovah would`nt have a job without the WBT$..Depressed.........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• sacolton
    sacolton

I got this message from a JW about it ...

Sacolton there was a Watchtower written after Insight on the Scriptures was written. I don't recall the wording but it made it sound like Jesus was mediator of all. I wrote the writing department about it. It will take me some time to find it. I'm out of town right now. When I get home (in a week or two) I'll find the letter and WT and inform you of it.
    Todd
  • DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Outlaw: Now why would a fine carpenter be working in a sushi restaurant? As for Joe Hobo, I heard the GB told him they would allow him to use his limitless cosmic powers to keep the toilets clean at Beth-Hell, but only on the condition that he doesn't "act out" and stops trying to set fire to all the pork rinds in the convenience store across the street. Pigs are an abomination!

Sacolton: Keep us posted on that. I know of no such article. It may have included some extremely vague wording intended to keep the heat off their ass.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sacolton..........The first Watchtower was written in 1876,..The same year General George Armstrong Custer was killed at Little Big Horn..That was way before the Bible was written!!..LOL!!............The WBT$ considers themselves to be the Mediator between God and Regular JW`s...........That`s why Jesus works at a Sushi Restaurant now................. Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DoomVoyager..Jesus was fired from every carpenter job he had..He kept nailing his hands and feet to the 2x4`s..Then he would bless the entire work crew..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Sacolton,

I found this in the 8/15/05 WT

though, that anointed Christians possess something far more valuable than laws written on stone? Jehovah foretold the making of a new covenant unlike the Law covenant made with the nation of Israel. "I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it." (Jeremiah 31:31-34) Jesus, the Mediator of the new covenant, did not personally impart a written code of law to his followers. He sounded down Jehovah’s law into the minds and hearts of his disciples by the things he said and did.

This law is called "the law of the Christ." It was first given, not to the nation of natural Israel, who were the descendants of Jacob, but to a spiritual nation, "the Israel of God." (Galatians 6:2, 16; Romans 2:28, 29) The Israel of God is made up of spirit-anointed Christians. In time, they were joined by "a great crowd" from all nations who also seek to worship Jehovah. (Revelation 7:9, 10; Zechariah 8:23) As "one flock" under "one shepherd," both groups embrace "the law of the Christ," allowing it to govern all that they do.—John 10:16.

This leaves it sort of murky.

Here is from 96:

Who would be taken into this new covenant? Certainly not the literal "house of Israel," who rejected the Mediator of this covenant. (Hebrews 9:15) No, this new "Israel" would be the "Israel of God," a nation of spiritual Israelites. (Galatians 6:16; Romans 2:28, 29) This small, spirit-anointed group of Christians would later be joined by "a great crowd" from all nations who would also seek to worship Jehovah. (Revelation 7:9, 10; Zechariah 8:23) While not party to the new covenant, these too would be bound by law.

This indicates that as of 96 they still teach this.

• sacolton
    sacolton

*** w79 4/1 p. 31 Questions from Readers ***

Questions from Readers

• Is Jesus the “mediator” only for anointed Christians?

The term “mediator” occurs just six times in the Christian Greek Scriptures and Scripturally is always used regarding a formal covenant.

Moses was the “mediator” of the Law covenant made between God and the nation of Israel. (Gal. 3:19, 20) Christ, though, is the “mediator of a new covenant” between Jehovah and spiritual Israel, the “Israel of God” that will serve as kings and priests in heaven with Jesus. (Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24; Gal. 6:16) At a time when God was selecting those to be taken into that new covenant, the apostle Paul wrote that Christ was the “one mediator between God and men.” (1 Tim. 2:5) Reasonably Paul was here using the word “mediator” in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is “mediator.” So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the “mediator” only for anointed Christians.

The new covenant will terminate with the glorification of the remnant who are today in that covenant mediated by Christ. The “great crowd” of “other sheep” that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the “little flock” of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant. During the millennium Jesus Christ will be their king, high priest and judge.

Is this saying what I think it means? That associating with the anointed the "other sheep" get some kinda trickle down? Wow, that's just reeks of elitism.

• sacolton
    sacolton

A reply from a JW concerning this ...

They always said that Jesus was the "Intercessor of the other sheep." That's kind of splitting hairs isn't it?

Intercessor of the other sheep???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit