Hyperventilating here - please hold my cyber hand

by Dagney 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Im in Florida and EVEN NOW our voting machines are f----ed up down here. Im terrified it will be a rerun of 2000 :*( I just dont get that. We had an election here last month and the ballots had to be recounted SEVERAL times and they STILL dont match the number of people who voted and every time they count they come up with different results!

And this is a KEY state here. I will just die if it happens again.

Flippin out in Flori-DUH

• Dagney
    Dagney

(LOL at [email protected] song will be in my head thanks to you! )

Thanks all for the support everybody. I had full intention of registering and voting this year. I wanted to just listen to what the candidates had to say and try to get some objective and honest opinions of both. I have a skeptical nature and have a tendancy to not believe much of what anybody says. I figured out it has a lot to do with my job, which in part is to see what is wrong in everything, everybody, everywhere.

I tried to watch various discussion programs, but when the character assasinations became overwhelming, I got discouraged. I tried to follow the threads here when I could, but got discouraged also. I understand it's part of the process, it is just that way it is, and people who engage in it enjoy it. But it's hard on me. I did stay up the other night waaaaaaaay to late to watch a "Frontline" program about both candidates. It seemed fair to both.

Everybody and every administration makes mistakes and poor choices. To highlight those over and over again instead of concentrating what is happening now and what plans for the future is ridiculous and boring to me. All politicians make promises and try to say what the people want to hear. How can we ever forget "READ MY LIPS! NO NEW TAXES!"

I was reserve about Obama's lack of experience in the beginning; I'd rather see a team of experience both here and internationally. I wanted to give McCain a fair review because he does have quite a history with his service and appears to be devoted to reining in government spending. However, his choice in Palin was a serious mistake IMHO. He would have been better served to get the smartest person he could find to compliment his experience and abilities difficult times.

Thanks again. I have a whole new respect for the political process after a trip to DC last year. As a JW, it just really was of no interest...it was "the world" I was no part of, let alone the dreaded "king of the south!" LOL. How silly all that is.

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Last time I voted it was for Nixon too. Changed my mind at the last minute. I was going to vote for McGovern. Ah, well never been into the whole political thing. Think they are all full of BS.
    So, nope I ain't voting gonna stay home and get ready for my 43rd wedding anniversary on Nov. 5. That's right "Remember, remember the 5th of November."

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

Sorry about the messed up post. Maybe someone can tell me why my emotocons are giving me problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit