WTS TO END MAILED SUBSCRIPTIONS

by Seeker4 42 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

My wife is still a true believer. And I have access to the mags that way, i can't hardly stomach the idea of reading one and the reading of one to "help her" provide a non-contensious answer. As she knows I will answer what I believe to be the "truth" when she asks. I also think it has to do with money, they want to start realoly enjoying it now that they might have to pay some out in court (at least I hope so)

Farkel brought out about the subscriptions being provided to all who ask or at least they should be, well that would/should put them on the spot with the postal police if no one else. Has anyone ever complained about that. I believe they receive special rates from the postal service anyway. Now that they are a "non-prophet" org/borg that would surely go against the grain so to speak.

Maybe some with extra time could call postal service *postal police' and inquire about it regards Buff

• metatron
    metatron

I can remember the store fronts that used to carry glossy
    copies of the Plain Truth.

That mag ain't there anymore. They ran outta converts and money.
    I'll bet there are huge losses for the Borg printing this stuff.
    Forcing pubs to get 'em at the hall might reduce wasted subscriptions
    and subtlely encourage more $ in the box - WITHOUT ALARMING
    PUBLISHERS WITH THE THOUGHT THAT JEHOVAH IS ABANDONING THE WATCHTOWER
    ON THE BASIS OF WHAT PASTOR RUSSELL SAID:

which was that, if they run outta money, it's a message from
    God saying, "shut it down".

metatron

• proplog2
    proplog2

Or then again, maybe, they want to do away with a mailing list that could be used to attack the JW membership.

Nahhhh. It must be a money thing.

• Flip
    Flip

The WTBTS may be concerned about 'tainted' mail that's been taking place since 911. The 'effort' simply not being worth the worse case scenario.

Flip

• metatron
    metatron

Good point, flip - with anger building up against them,
    they may be getting scared of what might happen.

Good Grief! Can you imagine what might happen if everyone
    found out that the leadership knows the blood issue is a
    fraud? Sorting the mail would be the least of their worries.

metatron

• teejay
    teejay

You mean they're still sending subscriptions? Just kidding.

I'm with Farkel. They want to control the flow of truth... can't throw pearls before swine, you know. The bucks the corporation saves will be an added bonus.

Damn, I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna miss those little brown wrappers.

The delight of finding one in the box... the overwhelming curiosity that I felt deep in my loins as I wondered what new truths would be uncovered with each new issue. The vibrant pictures, the photo essays about distant lands, the biographies of those who have toiled long and hard for the fast-approaching Kingdom of Almighty God.

Want me to shut up now? K.

• blondie
    blondie

Just for historical purposes, the wrappers have been white for some time.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Oh THATS why there is a line around the Kingdom Hall two people deep! The new Awake!! issue is in! You know...the one with the mating rituals of spider monkeys as the feature article.

I know IM salivating waiting to go PICK UP my much coveted copy of "Having Sex In This Time of the End - Why?"

rofl...Can you imagine the left over copies they must have four times a month??

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I'm wondering if this is an absolute, or just a "recommendation." A number of years ago the Society 'encouraged' publishers to get their mags at the KH rather than by subscription, and, if I am not mistaken, they said right up front that they were making this recommendation because mailing costs had risen so high. Later on, they retracted the recommendation and again invited publishers to have their own subscriptions. However, subscriptions never ceased to be available to those who really wanted them. Is this another deal like that, or are subscriptions actually being eliminated entirely? What is the situation in other countries where this has been implemented?

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Id say they done it so as wicked apostates like youall caint lay yor
    eyes on the precious words of the Effin D S. an' concoct scurilous lies and half truths about the Jehovahs.
    Good work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit