Three unique things...

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

1. I have been backstage at the Grand Old Opry during a show, I had VIP access.

2. I have been to the Kentucky Apple Festival (other than Amanda, I doubt anyone else has been.

3. I was knocked out of a chance to attend the GOP national convention by a prominent former US Senator.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

1. At age 18 I ran several people off the road on different occasions in a suped up pick up truck with a 8 inch diameter pipe fashioned into a push bumper.

2. Drove my '69 442 to have some work done to it. I was driving over 100 mph in a 40 zone. I got stopped by a motorcycle cop who asked wtf I was doing. He was gonna have my license yanked I thought. He then got a call about a robbery and had to leave. I got away with it!!

3. Same car, I was driving thru Tijeras Canyon (East of Albuquerque) at over 100 mph and I passed a NM State Policeman....I figured I had a good lead on him but I was wrong. He had a suped up Fury and he not only overtook me but he bumped me with his buddy bumper. You know I stopped. He ran me and saw I had no real criminal record, so he wrote me a ticket for going 70 ina 55 zone. It was enough to get me sent to drivers school. But I didn't lose my license......Oh, he showed me an under the hood supercharger on his 440 Magnum......

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

went to China four times, walked on the great wall,studied in a Chinese orthopedic hospital, was there when the Tien An Men incident started.
    Went to Tahiti, was there when the Tahitians tried to burn down the airport while protesting France's nuclear testing in the area.
    Have experienced a 7.4 and 7.6 earthquakes since I've lived in the desert.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

3 things eh?

• rode an elephant
    • the first time I went on a plane the pilot let me fly it - a twin engine Comanche
    • 1963 in my pre-JW life - reported my father to the police for incest
  • Carmel
    Carmel

1. Swam in the Med, Red, Galalli, and Dead Seas all in one day. 2. Made love to my wife after closing hours in the Taj Mahal. 3. Swam across the Columbia River carm

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Clocked going 110 in 55 and talked my way out of a ticket

Been on the water in an offshore speedboat going 100mph, and thats fast on a surface that is moving!!!!!!!!!

I was the Virgin Mary in a real live nativity scene, camels and donkeys and all.........I had five kids, hardly a virgin.

• gymbob
    gymbob

My 3 things....

1). Met Emperor Hirohito and his family around 75'-76' when I gave them a tour of Mammoth Onyx Cave in Ky. he gave me a $5 tip, too!

2). I have several 1st place trophies in my garage from racing motorcycles.

3). I've seen Freddy Franz naked in the bethel sauna.

Gymbob

• IHaveADream
    IHaveADream

1. I was introduced to Magic Johnson at a party I was attending. 2. Watched my husband fly with the Blue Angels. 3. Nearly lost my life due to hemorrhaging from surgical procedures because I would absolutely not take blood.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

1. Sat next to Lynn Whitfield at a black filmmaker's award banquet and watch Clifton Davis dance nasty with Tisha Campbell.

2. Went to a New Year's Eve party at Dawn Robinson's condo (1991, when she was still in the group En Vogue).

3. As a junior in high school won third place in a statewide (California) sewing contest.

• horrible life
    horrible life

* Rode an elephant (twice) Sorry Lady Lee. As per TJ's rules. My town's claim to fame is "Circus City USA".

* In about 1996, Ray Ramano (Everybody Loves Raymond) was at Disneyland with his kids, I heard his voice about 20 feet away. I was able to get his autograph, without making a scene. He said I was the first one to recognize him in 3 hours. I kept it a secret, and saw him 2 more times that afternoon, and he smiled each time at me.

* I was 16 when my sister was born. She was 16 when my only child was born. She had her only child this morning. My daughter just turned 17. Thought that was kinda unique.

* I licked a tick in the dark. (Now I bet nobody can say that)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit