Anyone watch Kath & Kim?

by drwtsn32 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    They just announced they will remake "Good Times" with an all white cast. JJ will be played by Kevin Federline.

• poppers
    poppers

"Popped in a twin peaks dvd and went back to the days when at least one tv show was interesting ;)" I loved that show - another good TV production was Lonesome Dove, one of my first DVD purchases. Also good was Northern Exposure. Most of the new stuff is dreadful.

• sarahle102@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

I haven't watched, what's it about

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Did they actually show the aussie Kath & Kim in the US? Why can't they just show the original Aussie? Why do show's always have to be americanised for them to show in the US.

We don't australianise american shows!!

DK

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yes, the Australian version of the show can be watched in the US. They like to remake popular shows to make $$$...plain and simple.

• free2think
    free2think

omg i got so confused for a min there, but then i googled.

I love Kath and Kim the 'originals.' They are hilarious. I havent seen the US version yet, it prolly wont come over here (the UK) for sometime anyway and if its not as good then it wont get a peak showing time anyway.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The original Kath and Kim - hilarious! I can't imagine a remake could do it better.

http://www.kathandkim.com/

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I also didn't much care for Kath & Kim, although I generally like Selma Blair in other roles. There is a fair amount of "cross-pollination" between the U.S. and Britain.
    A few years ago, NBC aired "Coupling" based on a British show. I liked it quite well, although only four episodes were shown before the series was cancelled (supposedly, 13 or so were filmed, and I'd love to have them on DVD).
    On the other hand, NBC has had a BIG hit with "The Office", another copy of a British show.
    Sometimes, shows aren't given sufficient time to find their audience, such as the case with "Coupling","Oh Grow Up", "Wonderfalls", and "Its Like You Know".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit