2008 Drama what a joke -cheesy fake characters communist propaganda!

by Witness 007 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Here you go, kids, if you can bear to watch it... I previously posted a thread with the entire drama on YouTube:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/162278/1.ashx

• Dagney
    Dagney

I still can't believe they used the name "Skoliosis."

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

I believe that the Governing Body is still making desperate attempts to indirectly respond to Raymond Franz without actually mentioning his name. As regressive and reactionary as the GB is; they certainly do keep tabs on the trends taking place within the organization as well as with ex-JWs. Several people at the headquarters are very well aware of the enormous damage that Ray's two books have done to the organization's credibility. And really, all Ray did was to reveal what the organization had tried to hide.

In Franz's book "In Search Of Christian Freedom", Ray destroys many of the organization's most cherished policies and dogmas. One of them is the assertion that all Christians are to regularly go from door-to-door distributing literature and counting their time. As Ray pointed out in the chapter covering the door-to-door work, the New Testament provides no clear precedent for a centralized body to direct members to engage in a door-to-door work. The book of 1 Corinthians points out many of the varied methods of serving within the "Body of Christ" and their is no suggestion that Christians were to all conform to a rigid "one size fits all" program of activity.

Because of the internet, the distribution of Ray Franz's books have exploded - even into Eastern Europe, where he has recently lectured at ex-JW conferences. More and more people are waking up to the propoganda that the Watchtower has foisted on it's members. The Watchtower leadership is quite aware of all of this and they are worried. But, what do reactionary people usually do? They react - and often make asses out of themselves.

This latest drama is a shameless piece of sectarian propoganda. The very fact that they would have to fabricate a ficticious Bible character and attempt to force a modern organizational policy into first century history is pathetic. It reveals a true desperation on the part of a group of old out of touch elitists who have to resort to demagoguery in order to maintain their little Brooklyn fiefdom.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Well said Jeremy...

I remember sitting there watching that drama. My wife leaned over to me and asked innocently..."I never heard of Skolios. Is this from the bilble?" - all I said was a succinct "nope!"

It was an extremely weird drama...you can tell they are doing major damage control.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bad bad scolios

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

Oh! Oh! What was that Woody Allen movie- I think it was Love & Death- that had that hilarious Russian skit for the troops so they wouldn't contract std! "Oh look, what is this here on my lip?" ROFL just like the wooden dramas!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    this cheesy, corny, melo-dramatic crap

Oh please, don't insult cheese, corn, and crap by comparing it to that terrible drama. Cheese and corn are delicious. Crap makes great fertilizer. But that drama actually makes people stupider by watching it and is a total waste of words, time, and resources.

Shame on Teaching Committee and Teaching Department for such blatant, self-serving lies.

B the X

• blondie
    blondie

When I was still trying to make all the WTS fit the Bible, I wondered why they were reduced to adding to and making up stories and thinking that because they placed them in "bible" times that it made it just as good. I mentioned that a couple of times and those jws then started wondering too. There were a couple that it hadn't even penetrated through to them that it wasn't in the bible.

(Proverbs

30:5-6)5 Every saying of God is refined. He is a shield to those taking refuge in him. 6 Add nothing to his words, that he may not reprove you, and that you may not have to be proved a liar.
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Okay, here's a question, as the YouTube drama links have been removed. Is there a place to go see an "officially sanctioned" version? The Bethel Boys just advised against posting assembly bits on the internet, didn't they?

Witness007, you said you saw a DVD, is there a cost for this thing? Are they available? And is there indeed a link someplace to see the dramas? Seems to me I just read a thread about the FDS telling congregations to "download" the assembly bits rather than ask them to mail the dvd's...

Thanks!
    Baba.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit