The End is Here....The JWs gleefully watch the economy crash!

by LovesDubs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I agree too with Jeremy C - love doesn't take delight in the misfortunes of others.

• reniaa
    reniaa

ern this is the third thread on this forum on the tribulation...are you sure your not the ones being gleeful?

Personaly I just worried this depression means food prices going up more /sigh

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I am MARRIED to a JW. I get pretty damn tired of hearing how every damn thing in the news means THE END IS NEEEEEAAAARRRRRR echo echo echo. Its old...its annoying as hell and its a lie. This from the same man who took down the six panel doors in our house and replaced them because the six panels "have a cross on them"?????? psycho much?

So gleeful? Um...not hardly.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Jeremy C,

I also believe there is something not quite right about any religion that rejoices over bad news in the world. Of course the JWs will say that is because they want it to be over, etc., etc. But, they really have no compassion. I know you say they are only looking out for the welfare of other JWs, but that depends on who the other JWs are. In many cases, they have no regard for the welfare of their fellow JWs unless that person is in the right clique or maybe is a pioneer. In this regard, they are a failure as Christians and are put to shame by other denominations.

What really galls me is that the ones who are so anxious for the financial system to collapse are those who are the most irresponsible ones in the religion. I have observed that the degree of 'glee' over this tragedy is proportionate to how much a JW has invested in the financial system. So, somebody who is dead flat broke and in hock to everybody can't wait for the system to collapse so that they will be free from the debt that they, in many cases, ran up irresponsibly. Many of these JWs will be the first to look for handouts.

On the other side of the coin, a more responsible citizen who is a JW and has money invested does not really desire to see the collapse of the financial system, knowing that they will lose. Also, an intelligent person will worry about how long things could go on and how much they will suffer.

LHG

• calico
    calico

Another bright moment from my husband. He's been bugging me about some Stephen King books that my son has laying around the house. He picked it up--looked at it and proceeded to tell me that the book was demonized and he did not want it in our house! I told him I did not want HIM in our house!

Well, later we were at Walmart and he says, hey look ACDC has a new cd--then I said isn't that demonized music? The look he gave me was priceless!

• Sasha
    Sasha

Yes, I too have always thought that Harvel Kietel, (I mean Jeremy C)....delight in the suffering of those outside the "clan". Horrible attitude for a "Loving" (I never saw much love at my congregation) bunch!!!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

OK, if the reaction to the drop was the end times of the end times are definitely here, what is the reaction to an 11% gain in the markets today??? I believe what we are seeing is the opportunistic people jumping in, but having never been a JW, what would a counter reaction be?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

OK, if the reaction to the drop was the end times of the end times are definitely here, what is the reaction to an 11% gain in the markets today??? I believe what we are seeing is the opportunistic people jumping in, but having never been a JW, what would a counter reaction be?

• Soledad
    Soledad

My thoughts exactly insearchoftruth!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

With the gain in the stock market, obviously they're going to declare "Peace and Security!" and then sudden destruction will be instantly upon them.

The end is soooooo close! It's closer than the inside of yer pants!!!

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit