The End is Here....The JWs gleefully watch the economy crash!

by LovesDubs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Dont these idiots know yet that when it goes it takes THEM TOO? Have they not learned from the Depression? Or either World War? Or 1975? Or the Black Plague that shit happens in history and life goes ON? Are they going to start the frenzied call again to neglect their health? To run up credit because they wont have to repay it? Why if the end is near are the Brothers in Crooklyn still making plans for things years and years and YEARS from now? Like the sale of real estate in New York?

Answer dear JWs....the END IS NOT COMING!!!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Do you remember the JW mindset at all?

Their existence is so miserable they can't wait for some horrific event to release them from it. Unfortunately they forget that eternity would be more of the same...."do more!" "try harder!" "perfection is the goal!".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

CAREFUL- As was pointed out on another thread

*** re chap. 37 pp. 267-268 Mourning and Rejoicing at Babylon’s End ***

Merchants Weep and Mourn

3 The kings of the earth are not the only ones to regret the passing of Babylon the Great. “Also, the traveling merchants of the earth are weeping and mourning over her, because there is no one to buy their full stock anymore, a full stock of gold and silver and precious stone and pearls and fine linen and purple and silk and scarlet; and everything in scented wood and every sort of ivory object and every sort of object out of most precious wood and of copper and of iron and of marble; also cinnamon and Indian spice and incense and perfumed oil and frankincense and wine and olive oil and fine flour and wheat and cattle and sheep, and horses and coaches and slaves and human souls. Yes, the fine fruit that your soul desired has departed from you [Babylon the Great], and all the dainty things and the gorgeous things have perished from you, and never again will people find them.”—Revelation 18:11-14.

4 Yes, Babylon the Great was a close friend and a good customer of wealthy merchants. For example, the monasteries, nunneries, and churches in Christendom have over the centuries acquired huge amounts of gold, silver, precious stones, valuable woods, and other forms of material wealth. Further, religion’s blessing has been bestowed on the lavish buying sprees and drunken orgies that accompany the celebration of the Christ-dishonoring Christmas and other so-called holy days. Christendom’s missionaries have penetrated distant lands, opening up new markets for “the traveling merchants” of this world. In 17th-century Japan, Catholicism, which had come with the traders, even became involved in feudal warfare. Reporting on a decisive battle under the walls of Osaka castle, The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “The Tokugawa troops found themselves fighting against a foe whose banners were emblazoned with the cross and with images of the Saviour and St James, the patron saint of Spain.” The victorious faction persecuted and practically wiped out Catholicism in that land. The church’s participation in worldly affairs today will likewise bring her no blessing.

5 The voice out of heaven says further: “The traveling merchants of these things, who became rich from her, will stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and will weep and mourn, saying, ‘Too bad, too bad—the great city, clothed with fine linen and purple and scarlet, and richly adorned with gold ornament and precious stone and pearl, because in one hour such great riches have been devastated!’” (Revelation 18:15-17a) With the destruction of Babylon the Great, the “merchants” mourn at the loss of that commercial partner. Truly, it is “too bad, too bad” for them. Notice, though, that their reasons for mourning are entirely selfish and that they—like the kings—“stand at a distance.” They do not get close enough to be of any help to Babylon the Great.

6 The account goes on: “And every ship captain and every man that voyages anywhere, and sailors and all those who make a living by the sea, stood at a distance and cried out as they looked at the smoke from the burning of her and said, ‘What city is like the great city?’ And they threw dust upon their heads and cried out, weeping and mourning, and said, ‘Too bad, too bad—the great city, in which all those having boats at sea became rich by reason of her costliness, because in one hour she has been devastated!’” (Revelation 18:17b-19) Ancient Babylon was a commercial city and had a great fleet of ships. Similarly, Babylon the Great does much business by the “many waters” of her people. This provides employment for many of her religious subjects. What an economic blow the destruction of Babylon the Great will be for these! There will never be another source of livelihood like her.

In other words - Babylon the Great has to be DESTROYED FIRST - not the Financial system/merchants

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If the financial system gets destroyed first before Babylon the Great - the n oh dear - the WTS was wrong in its interpretation

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I was on the phone with a dub buddy of mine. He seemed to relish in the fact that things are so unstable and can go at anytime. It's the typical, "we must be close becasue the financial markets are crashing" theme

• Honesty
    Honesty

Does this mean that I had best be giving up my affiliation with BabbleOn the Grape?

• shamus100
    shamus100

AAAAH! AAAAUUUUUGHHHH!

I REPENT,,,, I REPENT......

• Mutz
    Mutz

From my JW relatives I have nothing but "this is the end" "the great tribulation is coming soon" " the society say that the end is imminent, they've never said that before".
    I tried to explain that the Western world is just a small part of the global population and that they should try to see it from
    another perspective, but to no avail.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    In other words - Babylon the Great has to be DESTROYED FIRST - not the Financial system/merchants.

Ah, don't let a little thing like accuracy get in the way of things. Didn't you know the gentile nations lost their power back in 1914?? Yet here they are still. The financial system will continue invisibly and the JW's can be right again! Lightbulb 3

• justhuman
    justhuman

That is a great point regarding the Babylon the Great fall....So if the finnancial system collapse first then WT has got wrong AGAIN!!!!

Like many times and specially with the King of North and South. It seems like an endless story to me. Specially now with Russias powerfull come back in the world wide political scene.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit