Are YOU 100% Out Of Jehovah's Witness Control?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am, I would say about 98% free of JW Control. My witness parents have passed away. I have one brother sitll in, he doesn't talk to me, and I'm OK with that. I have one sister who went back after been out for 20 years (because of grandkids). She says she will always talk to me, no matter what, and so far it has been fine. I expect at some point the brainwashing will take over and she will cut off relations, but I hope not. The sad thing is for years I didn't talk to her because she was DA. Then I began to see her again, then I was out, but now she's back in. Weird. I live in antoher state from where I was a JW, so no chance I would ever run into anyone I know. They have never come to my door. I have it easy, compared to some.

• fern
    fern

I would have to say yes, a little bit. Only because mom is still in and I can't speak freely about the Org. because if I did, my relationship with her would suffer. Other than that I'm free and couldn't be happier!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Mostly but still being shunned by my mother.

• minimus
    minimus

Can an ex-cultist ever really be free from their past??

• caliber
    caliber
    Really, am I completely 100% out of the control of anything?~ Blondie

Absolute freedom is as much a fallacy as absolute control ~Caliber We become a product of all experiences and then arrive at some self verifying conclusion.. it's all perception within our own mind. What is truth ?..... the eternal search of man ! Caliber

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

This is an exceptional topic....I haven't been to meetings in 4 years now. Long fading. I haven't seen a witness in my neighborhood, new one of 2 years. I was raised in it and i raised my 2 sons in it. One is very much a dub the other moved in with his girlfriend(I helped him) LOL. Their mother, my Ex is still very dubby.

However, Although I don't attend, don't believe it anymore, in fact I don't believe ANYTHING, the seeds that were planted in my brain continue to haunt me. Not in my conscious state, but while I sleep. I have nightmares of the BIG "A", but awake and realize I was only dreaming. I dream that I am at the kh , naked, and trying to give a talk like that. Same dreams, differant surroundings.

So, I guess I have to admit that there is still some of that old control going on in my head, DAMN IT!!!

NMG

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm not 100% out because I didnt get the education so I am working where I dont really want to be and nothing is going to change that because If I wasnt a JW I would have been retired by now, and thats where I want to be today and I'm not, retired.

So it still bugs me how stupid selfish people manipulate others to do their dirty work and sacrafice the quality of their life so they can feel like they are in controll of something.

I guess I just have a tendancey to be angry and bitter.

If I wasnt a JW, its possible I could have gone to Viet Nam and come back lame or blind. Then I would be more bitter and angry than I am now about our Government and how stupid selfish people manipulate others to do their dirty work.

So this trip for me is called the Bitter angry journey. Next trip will be called On the Road to Shambolah.

• minimus
    minimus

no dreams of Armageddon for moi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit